Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Ebay - Do I have to leave feedback? >
  • Ebay - Do I have to leave feedback?

• Ebay - Do I have to leave feedback?

Old 07-24-2011, 01:46 PM

On one occassion I chose to not comment - leave feedback - but did tell the seller in a private message I was not happy. Restitution was made with much delay. I had a reminder to leave feedback but just ignored it. So far no one sent out the ebay police!
    Old 07-25-2011, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Joyce DeBacco
    I would leave a positive feedback, explaining that you notified seller and they did apologize.

I recently sent something using the self-service machine at the P.O. I weighed it, answered all the questions, and it shot out the postage sticker. My buyer gave me positive feedback but said the item came postage due. Needless to say, I was a little put off by the postal system since they issued the postage to me.
    joyce, the package may have been bigger/longer than allowed for regular costs. you have to pay extra if it is over the inches.
    Old 07-25-2011, 05:33 AM

Yes, do leave feedback and be as kind as your heart will let you be as there are people out there who just want to ruin others reputation as their score is very important to future buyers. Hopefully it was a one time learning experience for the seller. And yes, UPS is really getting bad about damageing products and then they do not want to make it right without a real fight. Yes, I have had the experience with them and got the shaft.
    Old 07-25-2011, 07:06 AM

If you felt that packing peanuts would have prevented the damage, then the seller did not pack well enough and feedback is appropriate even if you call it a neutral. Most sellers know you have to pack for the "handling" after it leaves your hands.

I buy and sell on ebay and am pretty picky about packaging. Once I bought dishes from a reputable seller and they arrived only wrapped with Christmas and Thanksgiving napkins between the plates (and broken) I contacted seller and was refunded. I wondered, was she just that lucky on all of her previous shipments. Now I request sufficient or even extra packing up front.
    Old 07-25-2011, 07:58 AM

If an item is packaged so that the shipper (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc.)can damage it, it is not the shipper's fault. It is the seller's fault. That being said, I think there also should be a rating system for buyers, as there are some bad aggs out there who will threaten to give bad feedback just to get something free.
    Old 07-25-2011, 09:31 AM

no, you don't
    Old 07-25-2011, 09:48 AM

I buy on eBay routinely and have had only a couple of damaged items but many that were poorly packed. It's a wonder the items weren't damaged! I've done what you did...contact the seller about the problem. If they offered to make it right (refund, adjustment, anything) then I gave them positive feedback even if I declined their offer. As long as a seller makes the effort to try to fix the problem, regardless of whose fault it is, I feel that they lived up to their obligation as a seller.

But if they don't make any kind of offer of adjustment and/or try to blame their inadequate packing on the shipper, then I would leave neutral and state in the comments that the item was as represented, etc., but shipping was a problem. Every seller knows that shippers are rough on packages, it's the nature of the business, and they should pack carefully enough to allow for the nature of the shipping business.

Anita
    Old 07-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky Lady
    I know what you mean. I have had that happen before also. You never know when buying from ebay. I just purchased quilting software and was anxious to get it that I did it as a buy it now. I didn't bother to see if it could be returned. I assumed it would work with Windows 7 (which it doesn't) and now I have a quilt design program that I can not use. Oh well, I will be more careful next time. I will end up trying to sell it on ebay myself.

Blessings!

I use older XP and Vista programs in my Windows 7 computer all the time. Are you sure it won't work at all? If not it just might be a copy or a defective disc. I'd make sure it was a good disc before I resold it on ebay so your feedback stats don't go down.
    Old 07-25-2011, 11:39 AM

explain that in your feedback
    Old 07-25-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky Lady
    I know what you mean. I have had that happen before also. You never know when buying from ebay. I just purchased quilting software and was anxious to get it that I did it as a buy it now. I didn't bother to see if it could be returned. I assumed it would work with Windows 7 (which it doesn't) and now I have a quilt design program that I can not use. Oh well, I will be more careful next time. I will end up trying to sell it on ebay myself.

Blessings!
    Hi there I may be able to help you.... I have just gone windows seven ( reluctantly) and tried installing my Quilt pro and it wouldn't load automatically. HOWEVER you can instal it, just "manually"!

Insert the disc and let you computer tell you it can't run/ install. Find the drive using windows explorer. Find the program with the install.exe extension and double click on it. that should run the program or prompt it to install. If the Install .exe doesn't work try the actual program name itself.

the issue is that 64 bit somethings are not compatible with the auto installer on older software discs but the programs still do work.

Hope that helps

best Becks