Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Ebay - Do I have to leave feedback? >
  • Ebay - Do I have to leave feedback?

• Ebay - Do I have to leave feedback?

Old 07-25-2011, 12:07 PM

You do not have to leave feedback. If you are unsatisfied after communicating with the seller, contact again.
    Old 07-25-2011, 12:53 PM

Why would you >> want to return it and get a refund if it was damaged? I don't sell on ebay but I would question negative feed back if you refused a refund.
    Originally Posted by annthreecats
    I recently purchased an item on ebay. The item was not packed properly and it arrived with some damage. I don't want a refund or to return it but I did send a message to the seller just to let them know this happened and that they might want to try using some packing peanuts next time. The seller apologized and said they thought the packing was sufficient and blamed UPS for being rough with the package. My problem now is feedback. Do I have to leave feedback on this transaction?
    Old 07-25-2011, 01:05 PM

If it was UPS then file with them and complain before leaving feedback for the seller- We do not use UPS for the same reasons and we pack very well.
    The seller does need feed back - choose your words with thought and be clear as to what you want to comunicate. If you are honest great- if your are to harsh potential seller will begin to see you as a risk and may deny your bid. do what you have to do with dignity
    Old 07-25-2011, 01:36 PM

Most sellers on ebay are quite accommadating..they dont want an unhappy customer...explain what happened and ask for a discount...most will oblige and everyone is happy
    Old 07-25-2011, 01:44 PM

yes leave feedback. if you really don't want to leave positive leave nuetral. sometimes the usps and ups do mess things up. have had more trouble with the usps myself.
    Old 07-25-2011, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by yonnikka
    Once a used book I shipped to a customer arrived with the Kraft paper wrapping half torn off. The customer emailed me to tell me, and she suggested I use more tape. I thanked her, and promptly bought a new roll and used more tape on all the next shipments. If you make your feedback USEFUL, it will be appreciated. Reply with a kind heart, and everyone will see your intent.
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 07-25-2011, 11:08 PM

I buy a lot on eBay and have only had a couple of problems. I say sellers should pack to survive an explosion. I once bought a Lenox snowflake that the seller mailed in a thin cardboard envelope. Of course it broke and I wanted my money back and he was very nasty. Things were a lot looser then on eBay and we had a couple of bad feedback on both sides.
    I would say, always be nice and you can be vague about who's fault the damage belonged to.
    Old 07-26-2011, 07:48 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Originally Posted by Quiltbeagle
    Originally Posted by Lucky Lady
    I know what you mean. I have had that happen before also. You never know when buying from ebay. I just purchased quilting software and was anxious to get it that I did it as a buy it now. I didn't bother to see if it could be returned. I assumed it would work with Windows 7 (which it doesn't) and now I have a quilt design program that I can not use. Oh well, I will be more careful next time. I will end up trying to sell it on ebay myself.

Blessings!

I use older XP and Vista programs in my Windows 7 computer all the time. Are you sure it won't work at all? If not it just might be a copy or a defective disc. I'd make sure it was a good disc before I resold it on ebay so your feedback stats don't go down.
    Try Google to see if there are work-arounds that will allow you to use the software. I have had good luck doing that with both software and hardware...