Ebay question

Old 05-22-2018, 03:59 AM

I should have added.....it wouldn't have a tracking number if it wasn't already in the postal system.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ptquilts
Per Ebay they should be shipping within two days of your payment. The fact that they generated a tracking number without shipping it means they know how to avoid being penalized for late shipment by ebay..I would do nothing now but you can always express yourself when you leave feedback. I don't see any reason to not ship after they have YOUR money. That is a long time to wait.
That's not true. The seller puts in the info about shipping times. I use 1 day because I sell small items and that works for me. Others have different schedules etc. It's also true that sometimes a tracking number shows no movement and suddenly the item is delivered.
Since you bought from a reputable seller I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:18 AM

I agree with the other ebay buyers and sellers. I do both. All their comments are correct. Sellers decide the shipping time not ebay. If you ship through ebay it automatically shows the tracking number. A lot of times things are shipped FedEx Smart Mail and the tracking isn't always correct. SmartMail is picked up by FedEX but delivered by the post office. That's probably why sometimes it shows up at your house before you get any updates.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:08 AM

Those of us who sell online (whether ebay, etsy or whatever) try to be very clear as to shipping times and expected delivery dates. For a seller to give the date of delivery by the 31st, there is probably a good reason. Perhaps it is because of a work schedule or maybe they knew they would be out of town for a week and not be shipping orders. For whatever reason, they said the 31st. Assuming they are cross country, that means the could ship around the 23rd. If they have not sent you an email with a tracking number by this friday morning, then send them an email requesting information. (Reminder, this weekend is a holiday so do this early friday and a 7 day shipping would mean 8 days - example ship on wed, delivery next thursday.) I realize that you are excited to get your purchase, but please understand their side of it also. If they have excellent reviews and gave you a date, they are probably a legit seller.
Old 05-22-2018, 09:08 AM

I contacted the seller yesterday and he said he had had some things come up - which I understand - and that he dropped it off at FedEx yesterday. As of this morning, FedEx still doesn't have it showing as received. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, though, because we all know how technology and shipping companies can sometimes be less than stellar! I'll keep you updated. :-P

Didn't mean to offend anyone about buying sewing machines on eBay. I obviously don't have a problem with it, but I've been reprimanded by many a well meaning sewist/quilter about buying machines online. I choose to take that advice with a grain of salt, of course!
Old 05-22-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by klswift
Those of us who sell online (whether ebay, etsy or whatever) try to be very clear as to shipping times and expected delivery dates. For a seller to give the date of delivery by the 31st, there is probably a good reason. Perhaps it is because of a work schedule or maybe they knew they would be out of town for a week and not be shipping orders. For whatever reason, they said the 31st. Assuming they are cross country, that means the could ship around the 23rd. If they have not sent you an email with a tracking number by this friday morning, then send them an email requesting information. (Reminder, this weekend is a holiday so do this early friday and a 7 day shipping would mean 8 days - example ship on wed, delivery next thursday.) I realize that you are excited to get your purchase, but please understand their side of it also. If they have excellent reviews and gave you a date, they are probably a legit seller.
All true words! Patience is usually not an issue with me, but I've been so excited about this machine. I'll temper my enthusiasm and be patient!
Old 05-22-2018, 11:01 AM

On the other hand...several years ago I lost $300 on an item that I paid for, paid extra for insurance, and never received. EBAY did NOT help me. And I even contacted law enforcement fraud in the city where the shipment was to be from, never got any help from them either. On a second occasion, I lost $700 for an total broken item. I know it was broken BEFORE it was shipped, because there were actually pieces missing. No help from EBAY, PayPal or the law.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:21 AM
Power Poster

Ebay has revamped over the years and their rules are much stricter than ever before. Buyers have nothing to worry about these days.
Trust me on this- I'm a buyer and a seller.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:44 AM

I purchased my favorite machine on eBay. I shop eBay a lot. Some times they post a tracking number, I click on the tracking number and it gives an update. I know I am also impatient for them to ship items, but they frequently arrive faster than I expect them.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:59 AM

I would be nervous if he said he dropped it off yesterday and it still isn't showing up as trackable. Did you try Googling the tracking number? Sometimes Ebay's tracking system is off but if it was scanned when FedEx got it, it should be visible. Or maybe on FedEx's website, try tracking there.

In any case, Ebay has you covered as a buyer.