Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Edible fruit as floral arrangements >
  • Edible fruit as floral arrangements

• Edible fruit as floral arrangements

Old 12-13-2009, 06:10 AM

Too funny... there's that fruit basket advertisement below the this topic roflmao Ok don't shoot me, but I really think that people are WAY too germaphobic! I blame the companies that peddle all those easy to use wipes, hand santitizers & cleaning products! Some exposure to germs & even getting sick is good for us; it helps build our immune system. I believe in taking medicines when necessary, but if you don't REALLY need it, don't take it (example: My dr recommended some pills because I pee often. Bladder's healthy, kidney's healthy, liver's healthy. So I pee a lot, I also drink about a gallon of water a day lol Why put a chemical in my body just so I won't be inconvienced by have'n to stop every 1/2 hr?).

In today's world of fast, quick & easy, it's hard to avoid poisoning our own bodies...

In yester years people died because medical tech & pharma weren't available to help. Today we have the marvel of modern med, but we're all die'n of cancer or some new strain of something... We have one life, one body - every day I start anew & try to treat my body better & eat healthier... I admit I fail a lot, but I keep try'n lolol

Boy can I ramble lolol
    Old 12-13-2009, 07:03 AM

I wonder if there was a covering on the arrangement, but it was taken off just before delvery to show it to its prettiest! I am not sure if I would eat it, but I probably would try something. I knew everything, I guess you would not eat anything. I grew up on a farm, and with 5 brothers! I can eat almost anything!
    I am more concerned with the genetically altered and enhanced foods. The expiration dates on foods gets me! And foods don't "spoil" as fast as they used to. Mold doesn't appear on bread, even after a loooong time lost in my fridge! Hmmmm.
    Old 12-13-2009, 04:49 PM

My daughter sent me an edible arrangement for my birthday. I thought it was great. What we didn't eat that day, I packaged into serving size and put into freezer where they later became a part of my afternoon smoothies. I thought it was a very nice gift.
    Old 12-13-2009, 07:24 PM

Have you seen those cake shows where they make cakes custom for people. They cost THOUSANDS of dollars. Often you see them taken into the parking lot to be painted or assembled. EWWWW.

When I met my husband he had worked as a dish washer repair man in restaurants. Many places we were not allowed to go eat cause he had been in their kitchen.
    Old 12-13-2009, 09:57 PM

I never thought about some of these things that were mentioned. I ate a light dinner and ate it early so I was really getting hungry for a late night snack until I read this thread.....:(
    Old 12-14-2009, 09:42 AM

I received one of those a couple years ago from my boss. It was delivered to work, covered. The shop was brand new at the time and the fruit was delicious! But it did come with a plastic wrap type covering on it!!
    Old 12-15-2009, 06:33 AM

My girlfriend who had just went through surgery was sent one. She was so excited to receive something different than flowers. The arrangement was so pretty and cheery. She was so sweet to share it with her guests at the time. The fruit was fresh and clean and it did come wrapped with plastic over it. Even the chocolate covered fruit was very tastefully done. Actually we had to use scissors to remove the wrapping. I'm sure it came from the Portland, OR location. I'm with Amma there are a lot of rules and regulations when it comes to handling food and consumable items. Being in the wine industries I know what rules and reg's we have to follow and how clean and particular my husband is-specially when your name and brand is on the front. I can only imagne how it is when it comes to food. I would use the service after seeing and tasting the arrangement.