Eeeekkkkkk

Old 08-28-2010, 06:16 AM

II also hate spiders and any kind of bug. DH has even come across some here in Florida that we call our DD to come and kill.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:49 AM

We use the spider relocation method here. If it isn't black widow or brown recluse, we relocate it to the outside. That way the spider can continue to do the good it was put on this earth for.
Old 08-28-2010, 07:03 AM

I am not too fond of spiders my self. I had never seen a writing spider until a few years ago. These are pretty big spiders. But as long as they are outside I am ok with them.
This house seems to have a sign on it for spiders to move in. We don't get the house sprayed every month so maybe all the bugs hit here . The one thing that grossed me out totally was looking at my window unit one day and seeing a bunch of wormy things crawling out of it. Spray! spray! spray!. I couldn't use my air conditioner for a week .
Old 08-28-2010, 06:54 PM

I don't like spiders in the house. I don't know how many times I've been woken up from a sound sleep by my youngest daughter shoving her tiny shoe in my hand, and her telling me, Mom there's a spider in the bathroom and I have to potty, go kill it.

When I was a kid, my brother and I used to walk through our cow paster and use the Yellow Orb spider webs to get our grasshoppers for fishing bait. The grasshoppers would jump and get caught in the webs, and we'd snatch them out of the webs before the spider could get to them, and pop them in the coffee can. We fished all summer long.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:58 PM

Snakes don't bother me. My DH is a herpetologist and we have had snakes as "pets" for many, many years. If we're talking about spiders and especially crickets, then I have to say I HATE THEM! I shopped forever to find a fly swatter with a metal handle because I kept breaking the plastic handle ones while trying to convince the crickets that they really didn't want to come inside my house!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:07 PM

I gave my Tesla, Coil, and Darwin (my two corn snakes and ball python to a few deserving classrooms when my husband declared enough). I guess having the tanks under the Christmas tree every year (the school was too cold over the break to leave them and I was running out of space). If anyone had asked me 12 years ago about snakes I'd have freaked but what can I say. I'm a sucker, the breeder "gave" our department 40 babies, and the rest is best described as the great "in-law" repellant. Come to think of it... my Mom doesn't visit anymore either. She's afraid I'll have another strange pet around. Saves me the housework. :mrgreen:
Old 08-29-2010, 01:25 AM

Spiders don't freak me out but snakes do!
Old 08-29-2010, 01:59 AM

I like spiders,,,,,, and snakes, But im also a nature freak, unless it poisonuos, i take it outside. I used to own a snake but i wont give ya the willys lol The only thing i swat is flies, I used to cry when i was a kid stepping on a ant thinkin if its mom, dad, bro, sis etc missed them after i killed them. LOL im still kinda that way.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:40 AM

I can not stand spiders. If I'm outside, I'll just move a way. If it's inside, someone has to come kill it for me (except the spider that lives between the shelf and the shower in the bathroom. Even if we kill that one, within a day a new one is there.)

Some of my friends used to have pet spiders, and I was fine, as long as there were in a lidded container and couldn't get out.

My niece is not quite two yet. One of her building toys has a picture of a spider on it. When ever she sees it she points and says 'Spider icky"
Old 08-29-2010, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
Have you ever been occupied with your daily ablutions when one walks by? I grab the hairspray and freeze those suckers until I an no longer occupied, then flush them. I call it death by cryogenics with an insurance policy of drowning. Can't stand to squish them. We have lots of black widows in our plants - have to be real careful on the patio and yard. Yuckkkkkk.
I guess that's one of the good things about living in the Tundra (Minnesota). Come October sometime is our first freeze and most everything either goes into total hiding or they are wiped out by the cold. Then we have a gorgeous Indian Summer for a few weeks and then settle into winter for, give or take, five months before we see our Minnesota White arms and legs!!!!!
I think I'll take the cold over the icky spiders. We get the Daddy Long Legs around now. Edie