Eeeekkkkkk

Old 08-29-2010, 03:57 AM

My DGD wants to be a herpetologist. We have her California Gopher Snake her because her step mom won't have it at home. The only thing I refuse to do is feed it live mice. We use to and the first time I heard it squeal that was it. Charlie eats frozen.
Kinda weird story. I use to be terrified of snakes. I mean my DD could back me into the corner,ready to pass out, with a snake no bigger than a worm.I had to have surgery and ended up in a coma for a week. When I came home I was no longer afraid of snakes but terrified of driving. Go figure.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:42 AM

I have to kill/relocate spiders for my DH and DGS. Depending on the type whether it lives or not. I have had a resident spider for the last 25 years. "Ralph" lives in my living room window and can sometimes be seen crossing the ceiling to the kitchen window. Everyone knows to leave him alone. He takes care of our flies and mosquitoes. I do NOT like snakes. Reason: My youngest DS had a 10ft albino something. Yellow with white markings and red eyes,evil looking. The thing was huge, He fed it one night and did not get the lid latched on the cage. The next morning I am awakened by the phone and got up to answer it without putting on my glasses. I am very nearsighted and cannot find things without feeling for them. There was a yellow "ribbon" in my bed. I had been doing crafts the night before so I reach out to toss the ribbon into my craft box. It was the snake IN BED WITH ME!!!! I screamed so loud the windows rattled. Son retrieved snake and immediately removed it from the house. He was promised faithfully that I would be tanning a hide and making myself a nice purse and shoes if it was still there at nightfall. My glasses now go own before my feet touch the floor.
Old 08-29-2010, 05:01 AM

I'm with Garfield the Cat. The only good spider is a dead spider! Even my co-workers know that if I'm hollering, they better come running to kill the beasties! I have even left a room and not gone back until it's dead and gone! They're creepy, creepy, creepy!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

YUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 06:01 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I have read all your stories and I am glad I am not alone. We don't believe in the spider relocation program they just keep coming back like a bad relative.
I wear glasses and I am near sighted, can't see 2 feet in front of my face without the glasses. But I can see a spider 10 feet away hiding in the corner of the ceiling, no matter what size it is. Dh makes fun of me, he says how can you see that? You are blind as a bat and then runs off to kill it then wants to show it to me. Willies again.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:38 AM

Things are soooo quiet and out of the corner of your eye while sitting at the sewing machine, you see something move. Ye gads, a HUGE (3-4 inches across, no exageration) SPIDER. And in my sewing room!!!!!!!!!!!! DH to the rescue and out comes the flea bomb. Took care of any future spiders. They do not dare to show up again, I hope.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by canmitch1971
I don't like spiders and snacks....and that ain't what it takes to love me...you fool...you fool!!!!!!
I was wondering when someone would post the lines from that song! Great song by the way. I don't like spiders either. I have one of those bug vacuums and it works great. Catch the spider and release it outsite. Beats squishing them. Although, big spiders, I don't know, I don't like them even more. Sometimes I scream when I see a big one and get someone else to take care of it.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:49 AM
KLO

I have one of those bug vacuums also. Works great, it's humane, and I love it. I like to keep the spiders around but outside as they eat all the other bugs that I don't like such as mosquitoes and gnats. Snakes .... that's another story, although I don't run screaming from them anymore as we have had quite a few around the last number of years.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:17 AM

Ladies, ladies.............you are giving me the WILLIES!
Old 08-29-2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by franie
I hate spiders and snakes!
OH, me too!