Eeeekkkkkk

Old 08-29-2010, 02:28 PM

Oh my god just hate the ugly filthy vermin,they are alway trying to get on me :evil:
Old 08-29-2010, 03:29 PM

Bet I have nightmares about spiders and snakes tonight. And it's ALL Y'ALL'S FAULT!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mimito2
I have to kill/relocate spiders for my DH and DGS. Depending on the type whether it lives or not. I have had a resident spider for the last 25 years. "Ralph" lives in my living room window and can sometimes be seen crossing the ceiling to the kitchen window. Everyone knows to leave him alone. He takes care of our flies and mosquitoes. I do NOT like snakes. Reason: My youngest DS had a 10ft albino something. Yellow with white markings and red eyes,evil looking. The thing was huge, He fed it one night and did not get the lid latched on the cage. The next morning I am awakened by the phone and got up to answer it without putting on my glasses. I am very nearsighted and cannot find things without feeling for them. There was a yellow "ribbon" in my bed. I had been doing crafts the night before so I reach out to toss the ribbon into my craft box. It was the snake IN BED WITH ME!!!! I screamed so loud the windows rattled. Son retrieved snake and immediately removed it from the house. He was promised faithfully that I would be tanning a hide and making myself a nice purse and shoes if it was still there at nightfall. My glasses now go own before my feet touch the floor.
Geeze! That would have given me a heart attack for sure!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 04:57 PM

My funniest memory of spiders is way back in the day [those glory '70s!] I was doing part of my student teaching in Belize when it was just a little poor country exiting the British Commonwealth, not the more glamorous hideaway vacation spot it has grown into. Anyway, we were at a little retreat place in the jungle and I walked up on a porch to see a little, very old but spry nun with her habit hiked up to her knobby knees. She had on combat style boots and was tap dancing on the biggest tarantula I have ever seen. She stomped the tar out of that sucker! Later when Arachnophobia came out and we all learned WAY more about bird spiders than we wanted to know I wondered.....
Old 08-29-2010, 05:21 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

I'll never forget when we moved into our new house and I was sweeping and found a huntsman spider (no they dont hunt man!) It was as big as your hand with your fingers spread out.
I dont love spiders but felt bad about killing it so I opened up the window took off the flyscreen and very carefully got the spider on the end of the broom and even more carefully lifted the spider outside.
I felt good doing my good deed and was just watching the spider to see that it went away from the house when a bird swooped down and picked him up and flew away... :lol:
Old 08-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I have arachnaphobia and I scream like a B-movie drama queen about to be slaughtered at the sight of those 8 legs. I don't care HOW CLEVER Charlotte is in her web!
So does my Oldest Granddaughter, feel like my ears are being torn out when she screams.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

Yea I don't know anyone who likes spiders except maybe those scientists. Yuck.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:53 PM

At the end of summer, when I'm so done with the hot humid weather that I don't think I can stand another day, I go outside about sun down and begin looking for a certain spider..

He is really really big, spins a beautiful, perfect, huge web.. Sits right in the middle of it.. In the morning, the spider is gone, and the web is also gone.. Then he will be back the next evening, and gone again in the morning.

As soon as I see him, I know fall is right around the corner.. Don't know what kind he is, never see him any other time.. Would not want him in my house! but I'm always glad to see him back because then I know I don't have long to wait until the weather turns cooler!!
Old 08-29-2010, 11:58 PM

dont like bugs snakes worms or any creepy crawlies but i tolerate them and just dont bother them unless they bother me then they get flung across the room and i am freaked out the rest of the day or night now maggots is one thing that i can not tolerate just the sight of them makes me gag and throw up ooooo YUCK!
Old 08-30-2010, 08:20 AM

I'm like you, I don't kill them unless they come after me. If I can I just move them outside. :?