Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Enough Already  with Peter Walsh >
  • Enough Already with Peter Walsh

• Enough Already with Peter Walsh

Old 02-21-2011, 06:49 PM

I just finished watching my recording, I was guessing CA, since she will be using the garage and there was not any mention of heating/cooling!
    Old 02-21-2011, 06:50 PM

Wonder how long it will stay organized??? Or how many years to use all that fabric??
    Old 02-21-2011, 06:59 PM

I think the show honored and respected her and her family. I think she needed to clean up things and get them organized, doesn't appear she was a hoarder or anything; her passion just got out of hand. She didn't see how it affected her husband or family until Peter opened her eyes to the affects her passion had on them. With a less cluttered surrounding, things shouldn't be chaotic, and her Quilts of Valor Chapter will benefit as much as the Veterans who receive their beautiful gifts of handmade love. This has inspired me to get going on a quilt for a soldier I know.
    Old 02-21-2011, 07:00 PM

my feeling was that peter didn't provide enough Work Surfaces. There is room for another table, and her quilty ladies gather at her house to make these quilts. Nonetheless, the cabinets he made are wonderful. I didn't notice what he did with the floors... hopefully she is not working on cement.

as for heating and cooling, southern california can be hot in the summer and chilly in the winter. I don't know about that room... Not to focus on the negative, but it just seems unfinished and uninviting. to me.
    Old 02-21-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by sewTinker
    my feeling was that peter didn't provide enough Work Surfaces. There is room for another table, and her quilty ladies gather at her house to make these quilts. Nonetheless, the cabinets he made are wonderful. I didn't notice what he did with the floors... hopefully she is not working on cement.

as for heating and cooling, southern california can be hot in the summer and chilly in the winter. I don't know about that room... Not to focus on the negative, but it just seems unfinished and uninviting. to me.
    I thought of that too. My thinking was the show only does so much, and it might have given the wrong impression if they showed being more involved than what they did. I would think she and her husband were responsible to finish up after what the show could provide for her (taking care of the relationship issue-which I think was a clutter problem that got out of hand.) They don't always do everything for the people on the show-they stress the importance of taking care of the problem.
    Old 02-21-2011, 07:21 PM
    Banned

The show was good to point out how her passion had taken over any time she used to spend with her family and finished with how she can do both. Her husband was so quiet!

As for the quilting in the garage - they did insulate the walls, I didn't notice what they did with the floors either. I liked all the storage area she had to be organized with her fabric, but agree that she needs to have more work space for when her group comes to quilt. Also there was not decor in the garage so to me it felt like a storage area with a work table and sewing machine in it.

To compare it to the Extreme Makeover - Home Edition show.... when they do one of those homes it isn't finished at the time of the show. One house they did in PA there were workers still there doing things to the house several months after the taping when we drove by it, but it was before the show aired.

My DH watched it with me and asked me not to have that much clutter. I told him I wouldn't. ( I don't like clutter. She had admitted that she was a clutterer all her life, so I wonder how long she will keep this nice and neat.
    Old 02-22-2011, 05:36 AM

Here in Missouri it was on at 7:00 Monday pm , ch. OWN (279)
    Old 02-22-2011, 07:21 AM

Well, guess I'm not viewing it.............I'm at work! Darn.
    Old 02-22-2011, 07:26 AM

Watched the show last night - not sure how anyone could even produce a final product in that mess - I was totally amazed that when it was all cleared and sorted she only had ONE machine ... maybe the others got lost and donated with the rest of her clutter.
    Old 02-22-2011, 07:26 AM

I just wonder where the tools and lawnmower went? C'mon now. There has to be some tools and husband clutter that NEEDS a garage space. Poor hubby.