Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Even the worst cook can become a top chef..... >
  • Even the worst cook can become a top chef.....

• Even the worst cook can become a top chef.....

Old 06-03-2013, 08:46 PM

I sure could eat out a lot for that amount of money. Might never have to cook again. Now that would be nice.
    Old 06-05-2013, 03:18 AM

Does a long arm come with it?????
    Old 06-05-2013, 04:03 AM

Must be a typo! $2300 I can understand. I wonder too if these items can be purchased somewhere else at a lower price. Someone wanted to sell me a $2000 water vacuum system one year and when I refused the price slowly came down to $1200...I still did not purchase.

More than 35 years ago I purchased a 'waterless' 'stackable' cookware set ...don't have the name in front of me.

I'll never forget someone laughed at me for purchasing such an 'expensive' set of pots and pans. Said they could have purchased 6 sets for what I paid for the one set (like in the picture).

I mailed in a $10 check every week to pay for it ... and it was interest free! How much you may wonder? A whopping $300. Hahahaha! STILL HAVE EVERY ONE of the items and only had one handle replaced FREE in all that time.

In my opinion, good pots and pans (and other kitchen equipment) are in investment. If you cook (or want to), invest. If not, then buy the cheap stuff at the big stores.

Isn't that the same with other items we use throughout our lives?

As quilters we try to buy the best products we can...maybe we start out with inexpensive scissors and learn they don't last and then purchase a better pair. Maybe we start out with a handmedown sewing machine or a $99 special and learn they don't work quite right...then we invest in a quality machine that lasts for years and years.

Nan
    Old 06-05-2013, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
    Must be a typo! $2300 I can understand. I wonder too if these items can be purchased somewhere else at a lower price. Someone wanted to sell me a $2000 water vacuum system one year and when I refused the price slowly came down to $1200...I still did not purchase.

More than 35 years ago I purchased a 'waterless' 'stackable' cookware set ...don't have the name in front of me.

I'll never forget someone laughed at me for purchasing such an 'expensive' set of pots and pans. Said they could have purchased 6 sets for what I paid for the one set (like in the picture).

I mailed in a $10 check every week to pay for it ... and it was interest free! How much you may wonder? A whopping $300. Hahahaha! STILL HAVE EVERY ONE of the items and only had one handle replaced FREE in all that time.

In my opinion, good pots and pans (and other kitchen equipment) are in investment. If you cook (or want to), invest. If not, then buy the cheap stuff at the big stores.

Isn't that the same with other items we use throughout our lives?

As quilters we try to buy the best products we can...maybe we start out with inexpensive scissors and learn they don't last and then purchase a better pair. Maybe we start out with a handmedown sewing machine or a $99 special and learn they don't work quite right...then we invest in a quality machine that lasts for years and years.

Nan
    I agree. My husbands friend was selling them and he told me about the party. He said later he told me his friend was having the ipen house party because he never thought I'd buy. I told him that people spend a fortune on cheap pots n pans every so many yrs. At that time I'd bought a set of stainless steel Harbour Wear, which got passed on to my son and then I got the oxidized ones, can't remember the name, they were a few hundred at least. Most of those I passed onto another son when he went out on his own. This set, I can have it polished and buffed by the company if I want and it has a life time warranty on them. I use oven cleaner on the outside and since they are stainless steel I don't have to worry about any coating coming off and they are bright and shiny. I still have and use a few cast iron skillets, a dutch oven and the big oval pot from Rachael Rae, even though the lid broke and I can't get another one from Rachael Rae. I tried so disappointed at that. They told me to do a web search, I told her if I did a web search for parts for Rachael Rae so I'd get no where. At least with mine, they are guanteed and work great. By the way, you use less water but you do use water but the greatest feature is that with the way the lid locks and has the steam vent things cook faster. I like having reliable pans, machines, etc. My sewing machine cost me so much more than my pots n pans.
    Old 06-05-2013, 05:14 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Snikeys, I could buy a new car for that! I don't care how good the cookware is, I'll still hate cooking. My non-stick Pampered Chef set I've had for over ten years suits me just fine.
    Old 06-05-2013, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by quiltstringz
    I am pretty sure that has too many zeros - for that price it had better do the housework, yardwork, bring in a paycheck, etc. All that and make me a top chef
    And it better come with a really good looking Chef. Hey I'm trying to adapt to an electric cook stove after cooking on gas for 40 yrs--its not going well and I'm getting hungry : )
    Old 06-05-2013, 09:19 AM

Hopefully that is a typo
    Old 06-05-2013, 09:32 AM

When I was a teen - back in the 60s, this was sold to young girls for there hope chests (my how things have changed!) I took almost 5 years to pay for it, it's now 2013 and it is doing just fine!! replaced a couple handles, thats all!
    Old 06-05-2013, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by junipergal
    When I was a teen - back in the 60s, this was sold to young girls for there hope chests (my how things have changed!) I took almost 5 years to pay for it, it's now 2013 and it is doing just fine!! replaced a couple handles, thats all!
    My Mom used to joke with my half sisters and I about hope chests. She said you put things in it for your house. And your Dad and I hope we can get you married off before you become an old spinster lady......LOL
    Old 06-05-2013, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by quiltstringz
    I am pretty sure that has too many zeros - for that price it had better do the housework, yardwork, bring in a paycheck, etc. All that and make me a top chef

Heck, your idea is almost better than mine. My thought was, for that price, it had better come with a live chef to cook 3 meals & 2 snacks a day for 5 yrs.