Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Ever have a dream and you yelled out in your sleep???? >
  • Ever have a dream and you yelled out in your sleep????

• Ever have a dream and you yelled out in your sleep????

Old 06-19-2011, 05:27 AM

My college roommate told me that I yelled out in my sleep and threw my pillow across the room one night. I didn't remember the dream or the throwing (which is pretty common for me, since DH regularly tells me of conversations we have in bed long after I'm asleep)
    Old 06-19-2011, 06:18 AM

several times in my life Id been so afraid in my sleep/ dream I worked up a scream and even in my sleep I could feel it coming in my throat. horrible feeling for very scarey dreams
    Only once I woke up laughing! It made me happy all morning, and it was such a stupid bit of dream that did it. I dreamed there was a tray table in my bedroom on an old fashioned register grate that was actually in my wall in reality, not my floor. Anyway, on the table was a salad plate and on the plate was a slab of red jello. Well, the jello started to jiggle and then dance around, stretch, etc, and it made me laugh so hard I woke myself up laughing. I had that dream 40 yrs ago and never forgot it - I never woke up so happy ever. sharet
    Old 06-19-2011, 06:50 AM

Occasionally this happens according the the DH.
    Old 06-19-2011, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by kathome
    Ever have a dream and you yelled out in your sleep????

Well, I did last night!

I was dreaming that I was being physically attacked and no one was paying attention to my cries for help. Then I remembered reading that people don't want to get involved when they hear "HELP", but come running when they hear, "FIRE". So in my dream, and in my bed, I started yelling, "FI-URE, FI-URE"! DH woke up and said, "What are you yelling about"? Through slurred words I said, "FIRE"!!! He said, and I quote, "Go back to sleep" and he turned over!!!!!

Hahahahahaha. Never even bothered to check to see if in fact there was a FIRE!!!!!!!
    I hope you never really have a real fire to wake up to - and for him to just roll over and go back to sleep! But, it does call for a good laugh!

Plus, I love your avitar - so darn cute -
    Old 06-19-2011, 07:01 AM

Throughout my life I have had nightmares and wake up screaming. They are not as frequent the last few years, Had some weird ones but not scary.
    Old 06-19-2011, 07:06 AM

When I have a dream like that, I have to figure out what triggered it. I've had lots of dreams like that. I've also gotten out of bed, sat on the floor, huddled in the corner by the bed. When my husband came in and asked what I was doing, I had no idea. I had been asleep. But this was shortly after I had my leg amputated, and I was still in pain, so how I got in that position. God only knows. I think I was hiding from all the doctors and needles, and pain. I can laugh at it now, but couldn't then.
    Old 06-19-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Midwestmary
    I have - weird feeling. Since starting on CPAP therapy I haven't had this happen anymore - with my mask on, even if I did call out hubby wouldn't hear me!
    My dh just stated on CPAP, too! How do you like it?
    I am scheduled to go for the sleep study in a few months.
    I wake up thru the nite, many nights yelling and screaming and fighting with ??? unknown. And, supposedly, I snore :shock:
    Old 06-19-2011, 08:16 AM

My husband woke me up one night calling my name softly. I was kneeling in our bed, my hands around his neck, choking him slowly. Another night, I heard him calling our middle daughter name, he was on all four, searching under the brass bed looking for her.
    Old 06-19-2011, 10:04 AM

I do that all the time. I even screamed out once in the middle of the night when I was in the hospital. Nearly scared the poor nurses to death.
    Old 06-19-2011, 11:04 AM

A couple of weeks ago, I swore there was someone leaning over me in my bed, (never mind that the person could NEVER have gotten past our 2 dogs and even made it to the bedroom), my husband turned on the light, woke me and said "what's the matter?" I said there is someone in our room, he said "you were dreaming". The next day I asked him if he thought I was having a heart attack last night, gasping for air like that? He said, gasping for air???? You were screaming!!!! Apparently the dogs were looking at me like I had lost my mind!!!!!!