Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Ever have a dream and you yelled out in your sleep???? >
  • Ever have a dream and you yelled out in your sleep????

• Ever have a dream and you yelled out in your sleep????

Old 06-19-2011, 11:21 AM

I do yell in my sleep, but I wake myself up,one time I woke up laughing that was weird when I was wearing the patch to stop smoking they said don't wear it when you go to sleep your dreams will be vivid!!!! sometimes I would just like to buy a patch just to get that effect again, (I have quit smoking awhile back)
    Old 06-19-2011, 11:43 AM

Love it! I've started kicking my DH a couple of times... he knows I do weird things in my sleep, so he just makes fun of me, then goes back to sleep! :oops:
    Old 06-19-2011, 12:40 PM

Several times, but the other night I dreamed I was kicking my ex in the butt ( he was bent down, putting a dog in a box and closing it up), and almost fell out of bed!!!
    Old 06-19-2011, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
    I do sometimes, but DH gets back at me. He will wake me up out of a sound sleep by asking me some question, and he is still asleep. The one I remember is , "Are these covers ours?"
    Nice to see I'm not the only one with a hubby that does that!
    If I don't answer the question or if the answer is not the "correct" one, more questions were sure to follow.
    :cry: :evil:
    Old 06-19-2011, 01:41 PM

I did this in school once when we were watching a movie in science I yelled Mom wake me up at 7 please needless to say IO got in trouble.

When I was working in the prision systems sometimes if I had a very bad day I would replay some scenes in my mind and give the prisioners orders.

But most recently I have been having a reaccouring dream about a real life situation that is occuring in my life I have woke my self up having a heated discussion about the situation the bad thing is I will have elevated blood pressure and sometimes chest pain when I wake myself up and to make it worse I will continue to make my point of view before I realize it is a dream
    Old 06-19-2011, 04:14 PM

As kids we camped as a family the cheaper the better. One place was a state forest. The only other people were an unmarried couple- in the middle of no where. My father introduced himself and they asked his vocation- Pastor- which made them a litle nervous. In the middle of the night my Father had a doosy of a dream sat up and began yelling-'Jesus is going to get you!' Soon as the sun broke the horizon we were woken by a clammer and looked out only to find the couple throwing everything in their car as fast as they could.
    Old 06-19-2011, 04:20 PM

My DH has a reoccurring dream every so often about someone or something chasing him. His legs start moving (like he's running), and then he will swing his arms. Needless to say when the legs start moving so do I. LOL
    Old 06-19-2011, 04:52 PM

My husband one night was making the most mournful sound very loudly!!! In the morning I asked him about it and he said he was trying to get everyones' attention and no one would listen to him....... he was a Yhetti!!! Laughed so hard I cried!!!!
    Old 06-19-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    Definitely done this before, and awakened myself with a start. I've also had the weird, and I understand rare, experience of being "awake" ('they' say one isn't really), know there is someone scary/evil/alien/unacceptable in the room but was completely paralyzed and couldn't move or scream. In my case I 'forced' myself to go back to sleep; maybe I thought they wouldn't see me or something. Very weird.

Jan in VA
    I've experienced the same thing...it's freaky to say the least!
    Old 06-19-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by sassey
    I did this in school once when we were watching a movie in science I yelled Mom wake me up at 7 please needless to say IO got in trouble.

When I was working in the prision systems sometimes if I had a very bad day I would replay some scenes in my mind and give the prisioners orders.

But most recently I have been having a reaccouring dream about a real life situation that is occuring in my life I have woke my self up having a heated discussion about the situation the bad thing is I will have elevated blood pressure and sometimes chest pain when I wake myself up and to make it worse I will continue to make my point of view before I realize it is a dream
    Sassey, Your first remembrance made me literally laugh out loud. Too funny.

But your last one is concerning. Hope this ends very, very soon.