Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Ever Wonder About Your CRS syndrome, Quiltheimers...ADHD? >
  • Ever Wonder About Your CRS syndrome, Quiltheimers...ADHD?

• Ever Wonder About Your CRS syndrome, Quiltheimers...ADHD?

Old 06-13-2009, 06:17 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by sunnyhope
    I think your a wonderful person; when i first joined here you were one the first ppl to offer help, maybe some of you remember me asking about some help for my friends who lost everything they owned in a fire; i m happy to report they are doing very well now :)

anyway adhd add etc, seems like many ppl in here have that or some other illness but who cares, everyone here cares so much beyond that and we share a hobby that we all love and we are still ppl even with adhd or artheritus like i have.
    well actually i have astma, used to have epilepsi but outgrown that yippi, also have artheritus, wiplash and firbromyalgia, many seem to have fibromyalg in here. i also have p.o.s so what we all love sewing/quilting/ crafts :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thank you for being my friends :wink:
    I know you told us, when you first came on board, that your kitty cat's name was sunnyhope, but it fits you. I know some of the pain you endure and you keep going. I try not to complain, and some days, I do ok. Quilting and creating have been a real blessing to me, and I know you feel the same way. sunnyhope, you are a very caring person :D
    Old 06-13-2009, 06:20 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
    QC - I told you a while ago I thought we would be great friends. Now I know it more than ever. What a spectacular, funny, smart, woman you are. I've never met you other than this board, but I love you. Pam Nix
    girlfriend...you must be trying to make my hubby's day...bc I am almost speechless!...um, i mean*, Jeff, LOL! I love you too :wink: :mrgreen:
    Old 06-13-2009, 06:29 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by barnbum
    We are lucky you're here. :D
    I'll get to know you better this summer... I'll be here more often. :wink:
    Is it my birthday, or did i win the lottery? lol! :mrgreen:
    Each and every reply just has me going...oh, aww, oh my goodness...on and on...karla, you, my friend are also for the underdog, and a stand up, kind of person. ppl, have said here, that I was brave, but your an example of a person, that will speak up for what they believe in. I think that is so admirable and all round awesome! :D
    Old 06-13-2009, 06:39 PM

Thanks, QC. : )
    There were lots of days that our mantra was: Someday they will be grown men who are WONDERFUL......and the world will see how wonderful they are then. Until then, we just hung on....sometimes by the skin of our teeth!!
    : ) as in almost everything else, "No where does it ever say 'and it came to stay'--it always says: "And it came to pass...." this too shall pass....just not soon enough!!

I too have had many struggles with depression...that deep dark monster will NOT win......I refuse to allow it. Many times it has been a minute by minute victory ......but a victory none the less.

I've learned that I have to put positive things in place in my life and return to them daily. Our younger son has also learned this and implemented it in his life too. Our older one is still learning......{always had to get his attention before he would listen.....} lol.

It is wonderful to be part of this group that is so loving and accepting of all. It's great to be loved where I am and not only where someone else thinks I should be. : )

Hugs and many thanks to all!
    Ginny
    Old 06-13-2009, 06:56 PM

I used to have panic attacks, the worst were in my sleep! I would physically struggle to wake myself up...that's a pretty awful thing to live with, right there, so I have nothing but hugs and compassion for anyone who deals with them.
    I still have the sleep ones occasionally, but thank goodness they are a lot further apart and fewer now. I think these are due to allergies, mostly. You are not alone, and your not different mk, your unique.
    We are all like snowflakes, beautiful and unique, similar but not identical. :D [/quote]
    You know, I didn't really think about the allergies until you said that! I have them very bad! Sinus problems got so bad that it built infection up in behind my eardrum and blew a hole in the eardrum. Can't hear out of the right ear. And yes, I have woke up fighting with the covers, trying to get them "off"me! DH almost afraid to sleep with me! :lol:
    Old 06-13-2009, 07:00 PM

QnC....you just keep doing what you are doing.
    If you changed, you wouldn't be you.
    Plus, we love you just the way you are! :) :) :)
    Old 06-14-2009, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    Originally Posted by sunnyhope
    I think your a wonderful person; when i first joined here you were one the first ppl to offer help, maybe some of you remember me asking about some help for my friends who lost everything they owned in a fire; i m happy to report they are doing very well now :)

anyway adhd add etc, seems like many ppl in here have that or some other illness but who cares, everyone here cares so much beyond that and we share a hobby that we all love and we are still ppl even with adhd or artheritus like i have.
    well actually i have astma, used to have epilepsi but outgrown that yippi, also have artheritus, wiplash and firbromyalgia, many seem to have fibromyalg in here. i also have p.o.s so what we all love sewing/quilting/ crafts :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thank you for being my friends :wink:
    I know you told us, when you first came on board, that your kitty cat's name was sunnyhope, but it fits you. I know some of the pain you endure and you keep going. I try not to complain, and some days, I do ok. Quilting and creating have been a real blessing to me, and I know you feel the same way. sunnyhope, you are a very caring person :D

You are so sweet but if anyone is caring its you
    You are right about the pain, most days are painful but you kinda have to focus on other things; like i cant walk very far at the time so i have a wheelchair scooter and instead of not going out at all i can still go out with my friend who i share house with or and her twin girls, they are even thought have to drive the scooter on their own in case something happends.

so why do you think sunnyhope fits me then?
    Old 06-14-2009, 12:43 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by crossginny
    Thanks, QC. : )
    There were lots of days that our mantra was: Someday they will be grown men who are WONDERFUL......and the world will see how wonderful they are then. Until then, we just hung on....sometimes by the skin of our teeth!!
    : ) as in almost everything else, "No where does it ever say 'and it came to stay'--it always says: "And it came to pass...." this too shall pass....just not soon enough!!

I too have had many struggles with depression...that deep dark monster will NOT win......I refuse to allow it. Many times it has been a minute by minute victory ......but a victory none the less.

I've learned that I have to put positive things in place in my life and return to them daily. Our younger son has also learned this and implemented it in his life too. Our older one is still learning......{always had to get his attention before he would listen.....} lol.

It is wonderful to be part of this group that is so loving and accepting of all. It's great to be loved where I am and not only where someone else thinks I should be. : )

Hugs and many thanks to all!
    Ginny
    Your so welcome, and now you know, you have ppl that will listen for those days, when the monster isn't winning, but is 'looming'. we all have them, to one degree or another. hugs, you are not alone. :D
    Old 06-14-2009, 12:47 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by mkanderson
    I used to have panic attacks, the worst were in my sleep! I would physically struggle to wake myself up...that's a pretty awful thing to live with, right there, so I have nothing but hugs and compassion for anyone who deals with them.
    I still have the sleep ones occasionally, but thank goodness they are a lot further apart and fewer now. I think these are due to allergies, mostly. You are not alone, and your not different mk, your unique.
    We are all like snowflakes, beautiful and unique, similar but not identical. :D
    You know, I didn't really think about the allergies until you said that! I have them very bad! Sinus problems got so bad that it built infection up in behind my eardrum and blew a hole in the eardrum. Can't hear out of the right ear. And yes, I have woke up fighting with the covers, trying to get them "off"me! DH almost afraid to sleep with me! :lol: [/quote]

I think my hubby would feel like this, bc I don't thrash as much as i try to scream. He is so hard of hearing, and sleeps with bi-pap on. It makes it very scary for me, as I am struggling to breath, as I am provoked into very bad dreams. I'm thankful, it has gotten some better. Wish hubby, was an in-house kitty, person. Maybe kitty cat would wake me up.
    Old 06-14-2009, 12:49 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    QnC....you just keep doing what you are doing.
    If you changed, you wouldn't be you.
    Plus, we love you just the way you are! :) :) :)
    aww, now i is going to....run around the board and see if I can stir something, LOL!!! Terri, you have gave me many a good belly laugh over the nine months I have been here. I love you, just the way you are too! :D