Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Ever Wonder About Your CRS syndrome, Quiltheimers...ADHD? >
  • Ever Wonder About Your CRS syndrome, Quiltheimers...ADHD?

• Ever Wonder About Your CRS syndrome, Quiltheimers...ADHD?

Old 06-14-2009, 12:52 PM
    Power Poster

so why do you think sunnyhope fits me then?

I think it fits you, not bc we can control our pain, or how we feel about it.
    Pain is not fun, and there is no pretending that it is, but you keep going, and you don't take it out on ppl. You do what you can to cope with it, and that is the best that we can do. We just keep on trying :thumbup:
    Old 06-14-2009, 04:52 PM

"We are all like snowflakes, beautiful and unique, similar but not identical."

That's a wonderful expression!!! It's going up in my classroom in September.
    Old 06-14-2009, 05:18 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltMania
    "We are all like snowflakes, beautiful and unique, similar but not identical."

That's a wonderful expression!!! It's going up in my classroom in September.
    thank you, quiltmania...I was inspired to write it, while replying. It is kind of nice, now that you mention it. I have sayings all in my quilting cave, think that one's going in there too. Maybe even here in pc room.
    I like motivational things. :D
    Old 06-14-2009, 05:29 PM

I know someone that has it.......................................
    MY DH!!! It's very frustrating for me.
    Old 06-14-2009, 07:02 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by jacquemoe
    I know someone that has it.......................................
    MY DH!!! It's very frustrating for me.
    I can well, understand your frustration. I have it, and have to add all details...hubby has it, and impatient, and wants me to get stuff, with next to no details...aahhh!!!...and that's just the beginning! :roll: :D
    Old 06-15-2009, 03:00 AM

You are a very brave lady and I commend you for all you have done and said in this post!
    You are a special gal and I'm proud to call you friend :)

Cheers
    Andrea
    Old 06-15-2009, 04:00 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
    You are a very brave lady and I commend you for all you have done and said in this post!
    You are a special gal and I'm proud to call you friend :)

Cheers
    Andrea
    Andrea, I feel the same way. I love all my quilting friends. Each and every one is special in their own way to me. You are very sweet.
    Trevor is one lucky guy, and you can tell him you have back up :wink:
    I guess this is the part of life, where the little girl, afraid to talk,
    becomes the woman, who stands up and speaks out....
    and out, and out and out! LOL :lol: ...I AM FREE TO BE ME! :mrgreen:
    Old 06-15-2009, 05:44 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

C- I always knew you were special but you've outdone yourself here, girl!
    And all I can do is repeat ten thousand fold all the love and admiration already expressed above!

And why should ADD be seen as such a negative thing anyway? I don't have it but have had friends whose kids have had it and I know it's often very upsetting and frustrating for the - don't want to use the word sufferer or worse, victim - let's say person who has it :D as well as their nearest and dearest; but if your qualities are the result of ADD then there is a most definite positive aspect too! Your quickness of mind, your wit, your warmth, your speed in getting right to the crux of where a person is coming from; oh, i wish an ocean didn't divide us, my friend!

As for depression, I spent the best part or a year on Prozac for reactive clinical depression - it was hell. I lost whole days, just staring at the wall. And coming out of it, you just think you're better and something throws you striaght back down in the pit - like going back to work after weeks off - I was in PR - and being told in the first five minutes to phone an advertiser and negotiate space - oh, I couldn't, i ran away and didn't go back for another week; it's hard to imagine the person I am now doing that, but that was me!

The ppl on here are wonderful - caring, supportive, witty and bright! I don't know if that's this board - like attracts like, or something in the nature of quilters? Who cares! I'm just glad I found you all - and C, you especially (no offence everyone else :D )

Love Kathryn
    Old 06-15-2009, 06:08 AM

QC--The world (and this board) is a better place because of people like you. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself. Relaying our own personal experiences is a wonderful, selfless way to educate others-especially those topics that some people find a little "taboo".

You always make me smile-I am so glad you found us :lol:
    Old 06-15-2009, 06:13 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
    C- I always knew you were special but you've outdone yourself here, girl!
    And all I can do is repeat ten thousand fold all the love and admiration already expressed above!

And why should ADD be seen as such a negative thing anyway? I don't have it but have had friends whose kids have had it and I know it's often very upsetting and frustrating for the - don't want to use the word sufferer or worse, victim - let's say person who has it :D as well as their nearest and dearest; but if your qualities are the result of ADD then there is a most definite positive aspect too! Your quickness of mind, your wit, your warmth, your speed in getting right to the crux of where a person is coming from; oh, i wish an ocean didn't divide us, my friend!

As for depression, I spent the best part or a year on Prozac for reactive clinical depression - it was hell. I lost whole days, just staring at the wall. And coming out of it, you just think you're better and something throws you striaght back down in the pit - like going back to work after weeks off - I was in PR - and being told in the first five minutes to phone an advertiser and negotiate space - oh, I couldn't, i ran away and didn't go back for another week; it's hard to imagine the person I am now doing that, but that was me!

The ppl on here are wonderful - caring, supportive, witty and bright! I don't know if that's this board - like attracts like, or something in the nature of quilters? Who cares! I'm just glad I found you all - and C, you especially (no offence everyone else :D )

Love Kathryn
    dang, I don't know whether to tear up from sheer happiness...or snoopy dance, bc this is beautiful!
    K, I knew from the very beginning that we had some kind of bond. Call it kismet, intuition...probably repeating myself...kindred spirits...not exactly alike, but we get each other...we complement each other, on some level that touches my soul! you have that effect on ppl.
    I watch you, just flit around this board, and every where you go, ppl just light up, to talk to you. you have charm and talent, and very intelligent.
    I have learned so much from you, and you always broaden my thinking...it's like having a lite brite in your head, that lights up, according to the incoming data...and you light up, my whole board! your like fabrics to me...I see your name, and click and go, "oh, goody! it's K!"
    silly me, huh? I'm like a golden retriever, and if there wasn't an ocean between us, you can bet your sweet bippy*, this is one quilting buddy that would be on your doorstep in a heartbeat.
    I'd get to meet the munchkins, dougal dog, Barney, Handsome Hans...see your garden and your chooks, and all your quilties!!!
    If somehow, I ever win a trip anywhere, it's going to be France. I am so blessed to have met you, and be counted as one of your many friends. I love you, K! :mrgreen: