Ever Worry about Posting?

Old 03-09-2011, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
No worries with me....The digital camera I use does not have GPS capability ...and... I do not publicize my daily activities/routines as some folks are prone to do.

Please be aware......If pics are taken with a device (aka phone) that is equipped with GPS, the exact location of where the pic was taken can be itentified.
There is a site, can't remember the name that posted your public info, so curiosity got the best of me, I went to the site and posted my name and waaalaaa there I was, map to my house and all my address info, included my phone number, even had a picture of my driveway and I was like how in the heck or when did they do this......

with utility companys gives out your info...

I wish I knew who took that picture of my home, jeep and driveway to my house, cause I thinking lawsuit...

Thanks to phone companys, and electric company's, ect.
There is a site called: V Pike, you can type an address in and it shows directions to your house along with pics. I think these are updated regularly.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:45 AM

I am not afraid of this site, just talking about quilting, or showing pictures of what we have completed, like the others say our houses show up on the google maps.
My DH just put our address into the search bar and it comes up with a list of things one of which is our tax bill for the year. If anyone wants my tax bill they are welcome to it.
The google map does not list the correct street address either. Were in a rural area and our street splits. One part is city and the other county
Old 03-09-2011, 05:46 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

no but this is why we done use our real names too. have you noticed all the nicknames here?
Old 03-09-2011, 05:53 AM

Nope---- can't imagine anyone tracking a quilting site....
Old 03-09-2011, 05:54 AM

No and I am a paranoid person. It seems inevitable, if somebody wants to find you they will. My x brother in law found me on facebook, and it's been 40 years.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

I do think about it....I worry about everyone posting pics of their kids on here or anywhere on the internet....its a crazy world!
Old 03-09-2011, 05:56 AM

I agree...it is a crazy world. I just try to be thoughtful about what I post, and use private email for what I can instead of the public forums. I think, like so many of you here, that all our talk about quilts isn't something that most criminals would be interested in.

I just try to use my head and try not to worry too much about what I can't control....
Old 03-09-2011, 06:06 AM

No. If they ever found me, they'd turn me loose.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:08 AM

Yes, I worry about this. It's one of the reasons I gave up my facebook account.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
No worries with me....The digital camera I use does not have GPS capability ...and... I do not publicize my daily activities/routines as some folks are prone to do.

Please be aware......If pics are taken with a device (aka phone) that is equipped with GPS, the exact location of where the pic was taken can be itentified.
There is a site, can't remember the name that posted your public info, so curiosity got the best of me, I went to the site and posted my name and waaalaaa there I was, map to my house and all my address info, included my phone number, even had a picture of my driveway and I was like how in the heck or when did they do this......

with utility companys gives out your info...

I wish I knew who took that picture of my home, jeep and driveway to my house, cause I thinking lawsuit...

Thanks to phone companys, and electric company's, ect.
I think having a photo of your house is odd, but maybe it was a realtor? Or maybe Google earth?
I figure that I'm in the phone book, my name is in the registry of deeds, and there are pictures of my house from real estate ads and a newspaper article ('fools buy rundown antique'), but I don't have anything to hide so I don't worry. Of course, one look at my house and a thief would drive right on by to one where it looks like the owners can afford something worth stealing! LOL