Ever Worry about Posting?

Old 03-09-2011, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
Nope, I tried that trick they showed on that link and have yet to find what they were talking about, even tried it on facebook. Just don't take pictures with your cell phone and post them directly to the sites. And I agree if someone wants to find you, they will find you. Get a big dog and a gun. I had one guy once come to my door, my German Shepherd dog was out back, but was coming in just as I opened the door, this guy stuck his foot inthe door jam, my dog comes up beside me, I grab his collar. this guy looks at my dog (who is huge!) and says "I am sorry I think I have the wrong place" I said I think you do, and called the cops right after I shut the door.
Unfortunately, my German Shepherd would jump up and lick him in the face. She loves anyone who comes to the door. Thinks they are coming to see her.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:26 AM

Google Maps has photos of most homes in major cities that you can see. My brother-in-law showed me their home when I was visiting them. It shows my sister's car in driveway and the trash can waiting to be picked up. You can zoom up and down their street and look at their neighbors houses. My brother-in-law told me that they used to show people on the streets but after a lawsuit they have to airbrush people out of the photos.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:33 AM

Nope I don't worry. I am selective in what I post. I know how to use my gun and one look at me and the bad person would certainly run the other way.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:42 AM

If anyone wants their property image blurred or part of it, here is an article on how to do it:

http://www.suite101.com/content/gett...t-view-a287712

I guess Google is supposed to be blurring people and any identifying images. Mentioned in the article was a man who realized that his wife's license plate number was clearly readable.

Originally Posted by scrappylouisa
Google Maps has photos of most homes in major cities that you can see. My brother-in-law showed me their home when I was visiting them. It shows my sister's car in driveway and the trash can waiting to be picked up. You can zoom up and down their street and look at their neighbors houses. My brother-in-law told me that they used to show people on the streets but after a lawsuit they have to airbrush people out of the photos.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:49 AM

My thought on the interent is I will never post anything or say I would not want on national news
Old 03-09-2011, 06:49 AM
j

NO J. ---
Old 03-09-2011, 06:50 AM

P.S. Google does have 4th generation cameras now that, according to the Wikipedia page here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Street_View

take near HD imagery as well as 3D mapping and they will be reshooting all areas that used older generation cameras.
Originally Posted by olmphoto2
If anyone wants their property image blurred or part of it, here is an article on how to do it:

http://www.suite101.com/content/gett...t-view-a287712

I guess Google is supposed to be blurring people and any identifying images. Mentioned in the article was a man who realized that his wife's license plate number was clearly readable.

Originally Posted by scrappylouisa
Old 03-09-2011, 06:52 AM

One site with a lot of personal information (as much of it wrong right:)) is spokeo.com
Old 03-09-2011, 06:59 AM

Not to concerned. Don't really think anyone is going to try any of my quilts...... Good luck finding mee
Old 03-09-2011, 07:09 AM

I worry more about Facebook, I'm very careful what I post there. As for here, I'd worry more if my boss or stepkids read my posts.