Eyelid surgery !

Old 06-08-2011, 07:58 AM

I know , me too !!! Yay everyone. How wonderful everyone is to encourage us !

Originally Posted by lyndad
I'm so glad you started this post, I was told last year I needed to get this done (lids going over eyelashes) I was a little spooked about getting the surgery, but after all the comments, it may not be so bad.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by NancyG
I work for an ophthalmic surgeon and we do these surgeries in the office. You shouldn't have much pain. You will be swollen and bruised for the first 4-5 days. We advise putting ice packs on eyes 20 minutes on and and 20 minutes off while awake the 1st 2 days. Really cuts down on Swelling. Other than that, Leave eyelids alone until sutures come out in 1 week. After that, each day will get better and complete swelling should be gone in a couple weeks. You will be happy you are having this done. We also Rx antibiotic to prevent infection. Good luck and happy healing☺
Thank you that is sooooo good to hear !
Old 06-08-2011, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by babyfireo4
My MIL had this done a few years back. She had to keep a gel on her eyes and took some meds after it was done, but bounced back really quick and didn't seem to to be horribly uncomfortable or anything.
Thank you , makes me feel a lot more secure !
Old 06-08-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by BETTY62
I have not had the surgery. Good luck in your surgery and may your recovery period be short.
Big hugs and thank you !
Old 06-08-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by tutty
Hey has anyone out there had this done ? I'm going on the 26th of July ! Hope some one can give me a clue what to expect. thank you ahead of time. ( eyelids are beginning to obscure site now ) Yikes !
Parents had it done at the same time. They looked like they had a major fist fight. There will be bruising but it will fad. Don't remember any pain meds but sure there were some. I do remember they had to put ice packs on several times a day. It just stopped them from running around for a few days but nothing serious. Don't you just hate it when things sag. I need a lift in a lot of places.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Wine Woman
Piece of cake! Not painful at all. Just very ugly! The only thing that was bad was the bruising. It lasted a week at the dark stages but by the second week you could put makeup on to camouflage (the lighter color of a bruise) if you chose too! I used Arnica (a natural ointment for bruising) If I remember right its best to start the pills before surgery and I didn't start till after. I would check into it its been a long time. You really do look at least 10 years younger after it's all done. My best to you - hope it all goes well.
Thank you so much ! I used Arnica too , did not think of it though till you mentioned it !! There is also something else for pain or trauma, forget the name but will check when I go to the health food store.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:10 AM

My only knowledge of this procedure was reading Helen Kelley's experience. (Helen Kelley was a regular columnist for Quilters's Newsletter Magazine.) Apparently it made a positive, wonderful difference for her.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:12 AM

What does something like this cost, roughly?
Old 06-08-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Originally Posted by tutty
Hey has anyone out there had this done ? I'm going on the 26th of July ! Hope some one can give me a clue what to expect. thank you ahead of time. ( eyelids are beginning to obscure site now ) Yikes !
Parents had it done at the same time. They looked like they had a major fist fight. There will be bruising but it will fad. Don't remember any pain meds but sure there were some. I do remember they had to put ice packs on several times a day. It just stopped them from running around for a few days but nothing serious. Don't you just hate it when things sag. I need a lift in a lot of places.
LOL that is so funny , yes , indeed but no easy solutions for the rest of it all !!!! LOL
Old 06-08-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by mommaB
What does something like this cost, roughly?
Depends on your insurance but without any I think it was about 2500 give or take !!!