Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >
  • February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

• February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 02-25-2012, 06:04 PM

Hello, all you sane people. Don't count me among you. The difficult GD is back for the weekend. She wants to finish the quilt she started last summer. Imagine her surprise when she couldn't just sit down to a machine and start FMQ. She refused to tie it, so she had to learn in a hurry. She's on the 301 now - the machine she has turned her nose up at all along. I know she has emotional issues, but so do I when I have to deal with her for three days. Okay, enough whining.

My weight is okay. My feet are sore when I'm on them so much with various things. We only had a medium dog walk today. We got hit with a snowstorm yesterday and today was very icy. I don't mind the snow but I'm not a fan of ice. Last night driving GSs around was interesting - thank goodness for traction control and ABS brakes.

Very nice pictures, MJ. Happy anniversary.

Cindy, time to post next month already? Where did February go? Maybe I'm not in a hurry for March 1. I don't mind becoming a year older, but I do mind having birthdays. People make such a big deal of them including telling me how old I am like I don't know. March 1 was my wedding anniversary, too, which will bring the old man out of the woodwork wanting a do over. Not going to happen. 42 years was enough.
    Old 02-26-2012, 02:37 AM

Hi All, thanks for the info on sweeteners. I haven't tried them but I will and let you know how they work.
    Old 02-26-2012, 06:22 AM

Thanks for the info on sweeteners. I had not heard that about splenda. I use it a lot. Maybe that is why I crave sweets. I will get some stevia or truvia when I shop later. I am trying to cut out sweets for lent. It isn't going well. We had poker here last night and I made sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies. I love the cookie dough. I ate quite a bit of it. I also made a big pot of bean soup and corn bread. I am going to take some of the leftovers to my elderly uncle today. When I make my bean soup I use a smoked turkey leg instead of a ham bone or ham hock to save on calories. I remove the skin before I cook it. I have been doing it for quite a while and my DH never knew. He doesn't like change. He caught me fishing the bone out of the soup once and turned up his nose. I told him I had been doing it for years. He likes it. It makes great green beans too. Much less fat than a cottage ham. I even fed it to my BIL who claims to hate turkey in any form. His wife knew and laughed about it.
    Pat
    Old 02-27-2012, 04:37 AM

There are some Yogi tea flavors that taste very sweet with natural herbs. There are a couple I have tried with licorice and they are really good. I have been doing well not eating sweets this month.
    Old 02-27-2012, 03:09 PM

Hello Ladies,

yes it is that time of the month to start the next month's sign ups. I have post the thread. Here is the link

http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post5013975

Keep up all the hard work.
    Old 02-27-2012, 03:25 PM

I'll be in for next month. Finally made it back to my water exercise class today. I stayed in the deeper water and just kept moving. I will do that a couple more times before I start to do all the aerobic stuff in class. I then had therapy so got in almost 2 hours of moving today!! I hope that I can get more exercise here. My left knee is doing great. The right knee was hurting more than the left today in the pool. My left foot is bad. I am going into my Podiatrist next monday to see what the next step is.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 PM

Taboo Tues. is on March's link.
    Old 02-27-2012, 09:36 PM

Gayle, is your left knee your 'new' knee? I've heard so many people say that. The new knee is so good they didn't realize the unoperated one needed it, too. My right foot is acting up. Either another screw is backing out or who knows what? I will put off seeing my orthopedic surgeon as long as possible. Thank goodness for the rocker sole shoes that don't flex much.

Pam, I'm enjoying some Yogi ginger tea right now in between cutting strips for 16 patch blocks. I still don't like my daughter's quilt so I'm going make a different one for the back. I think I'm a glutton for punishment. I am expanding the blocks. Anything that finishes smaller than 2" doesn't interest me. I like to see them but not make them. I'm also making the adjoining blocks a different way. The pattern wastes too much fabric.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. Actually, I've been sick today. I inadvertently ate some wheat last night. Today has not been a good day. I doubt if we walked too much more than a mile. I was too tired to navigate solid ice further than that. But I'm still a little lighter and much healthier than I was a year ago. Sometimes we have to look at the big picture.
    Old 02-27-2012, 10:07 PM

Dont forget we need to sign up in the March thread,

Keep up the good work. Don't overdue as they kept telling me.

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    I'll be in for next month. Finally made it back to my water exercise class today. I stayed in the deeper water and just kept moving. I will do that a couple more times before I start to do all the aerobic stuff in class. I then had therapy so got in almost 2 hours of moving today!! I hope that I can get more exercise here. My left knee is doing great. The right knee was hurting more than the left today in the pool. My left foot is bad. I am going into my Podiatrist next monday to see what the next step is.
    Old 02-28-2012, 07:17 AM

I had a PM from a member who has asked me for what the themes will be for 3 months. I will be happy to share that and have no problem getting FQ's early. IF you send multiply months, it will still be your responsiblity to sign up in the new thread each month.

march - pastels
    April - brights
    May - anything that reminds you of summer