Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >
  • February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

• February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 02-28-2012, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Gayle, is your left knee your 'new' knee? I've heard so many people say that. The new knee is so good they didn't realize the unoperated one needed it, too. My right foot is acting up. Either another screw is backing out or who knows what? I will put off seeing my orthopedic surgeon as long as possible. Thank goodness for the rocker sole shoes that don't flex much.

Pam, I'm enjoying some Yogi ginger tea right now in between cutting strips for 16 patch blocks. I still don't like my daughter's quilt so I'm going make a different one for the back. I think I'm a glutton for punishment. I am expanding the blocks. Anything that finishes smaller than 2" doesn't interest me. I like to see them but not make them. I'm also making the adjoining blocks a different way. The pattern wastes too much fabric.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. Actually, I've been sick today. I inadvertently ate some wheat last night. Today has not been a good day. I doubt if we walked too much more than a mile. I was too tired to navigate solid ice further than that. But I'm still a little lighter and much healthier than I was a year ago. Sometimes we have to look at the big picture.

Yes, the left knee had the meniscus tear removed from it. The right knee needs a replacement sometime down the road. I am going to try and put that one off as long as I can. It has been recommended to me to lose weight before they replace that knee. I am working in it!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 02-28-2012, 07:42 PM

Gayle, congrats on becoming a grandma. I got a new grandnephew this month, he's #11 and #12 grand niece or nephew is due in June.
    I make fleece blankies with their name and a butterfly embroidered on them to greet them. I gave #10 grandnephew a rubber ducky fleece blankie for his 2nd birthday and he calls it his "rubber ducky B" and drags it everywhere. I had no idea that outrageous rubber ducky pattern would make him so happy! But I buy whatever fleece catches my attention. Here in Duluth our Hancocks store gets in huge shipments of fleece. We're one of their biggest markets - go figure! Well, this fall I got there the week they were putting the fleece out and bought some wonderful wolf fleece. I planned on making a jacket with it but a nephew snagged it for his blanket. When they see my nature prints, they ask for a blanket/throw so I'm making sure I get there when it get put out. Turns out they had 5 bolts of the wolf fleece and all gone in 2 weeks. Argh!
    Food's going well but storm is looming and I'm not feeling well so will stay in until it passes.
    Old 02-29-2012, 10:30 AM

Hi all, I finished month today at 249# down 12# from first Feb. We have white out no travel advised here today so staying home. I'm putting fitness center at the top of my to do list for March. Tonite I'm making broiled tofu that's brushed with hoisin sauce. New recipe so I hope it's good. Has anyone cooked tofu like that?
    Old 02-29-2012, 10:37 AM

Well, I finished out at 8.6 lbs for the month. Not a much as I would have liked, but considering that I had knee surgery on the 27th of January and was not able to exercise I am quite happy!!!
    Hopefully March will bring me 10 or so lbs smaller than today!!!
    Old 02-29-2012, 01:27 PM

Gayle and Jean, those are fantastic losses. You are to be commended. It really isn't about the FQ, but what we are doing for ourselves and you two have each done yourself proud.

I never know where to post in these last few days of the month, so I end up posting in both places. See you in the March thread.
    Old 02-29-2012, 02:45 PM

remember to PM me your weight loss and to sign up on the March thread. I am looking forward to seeing our winner.

I am down 9 lbs for the month. Keep up all your hard work ladies.
    Old 02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    remember to PM me your weight loss and to sign up on the March thread. I am looking forward to seeing our winner.

I am proud to say I am down 8 lbs this month,Yeah for me!! I know this isn't the winning weight loss but I am thrilled. Please sign me on for March. Thanks and good luck everyone.Mary
    Old 02-29-2012, 04:12 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by createfourpaws

Cindy just wanted to add my dsl was off most of the day due to tornadoes.I'm not far from Branson MO. Others may still not have internet yet.In case you don't hear from everybody.
    Old 03-01-2012, 01:04 PM

I dont want to be hard line about this but to participate in the new month I need you to sign up in the new months thread not the ending month thread.

Keep up the hard work.
    Old 03-01-2012, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Cindy just wanted to add my dsl was off most of the day due to tornadoes.I'm not far from Branson MO. Others may still not have internet yet.In case you don't hear from everybody.

thanks for letting me know. I may wait an extra day before announcing the winner for February. I don't want to leave anyone out.

Keep up the good work.