fibromyalgia

Old 01-14-2011, 09:32 AM

My pleasure, Kathy, I hope there will be something there that will help her. I think the key is taking responsibility for our own health and not depending solely on doctors and the pharma industry. In fact, my eye doctor just said that to me yesterday, and I had to chuckle. One thing I forgot to mention... for those with fibro (and any other problems), try to avoid high fructose corn syrup (it's in almost all processed foods) and MSG in any of its forms (you can google for a list of names of things MSG hides under - it's shocking).
Old 01-14-2011, 10:45 AM

Thanks Alondra, I'm headed to Google now!! You've been a great help!! (((((((HUGS)))))))
Old 01-14-2011, 11:29 AM

Alondra, I also wanted to thank you for all of that information. I have bookmarked all of the websites so that I can so my own research.

I also wanted to ask everyone this. Do any of you suffer from chest pains? I have been having them since before I was diagnosed with fibro. I have had all the tests done to see if it was my heart but everything is fine. I had done research on this last year and I did find out this is one of the symptoms of fibro.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Tsanchez
Alondra, I also wanted to thank you for all of that information. I have bookmarked all of the websites so that I can so my own research.

I also wanted to ask everyone this. Do any of you suffer from chest pains? I have been having them since before I was diagnosed with fibro. I have had all the tests done to see if it was my heart but everything is fine. I had done research on this last year and I did find out this is one of the symptoms of fibro.
When you go to Dr. Mercola's site, type "chest pains and fibromyalgia" into the query box and see what you come up with. Bless your heart - I know that is upsetting to you. Another non-invasive thing he recommends highly for stress and pain is EFT (there's also another name for it, but I forget what it is at the moment). Research, research, research, and don't buy the conundrum that "it's all in your head".
Old 01-14-2011, 11:58 AM

YES and it is scarey!! But if it weren't for the stress tests I've had on my heart and them telling me I have a strong heart it would really scare the witts out of me!! My Dad and grandpaw died of massive heart attacks. Of course you can see where I'm coming from...but I have to take it that it's got to be the muscles in my chest, stress is a huge culprit in all this.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:35 AM

Oh my, I guess my chest pains are another sympton. I have had stress tests and my cardiologist has been keeping an eye on me. I get the chest pains for no reason, could just be sitting there & I get very sharp pains. This has made me feel a lot better reading all these replies. Thanks:)
Old 01-15-2011, 07:26 AM

No, I won't. I went through that "it's all in your head" with my doctor for 3 years until he finally started do tests to rule out what it wasn't. I no longer have that doctor. I have been doing research now for about 2 years trying to learn all I can. That how I found out about the chest pains (and it feels like a heart attack) after I have all of the tests--stress test, cath test, etc.....
Old 01-15-2011, 07:28 AM

Anne, you are so welcome. I wasn't on here very much yesterday because I had chest pains so bad that I had to take a Nitro. My cardiologist prescribed them to help ease that aweful pain. Of course afterward I get a migraine but the chest pains are gone.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:31 AM

Momma K, my mom died from a massive heart attack in January 2008 so I know what you are going through also.

I am glad to know that I'm not the only one going through this. All of the comments have helped me emotionally and also very informative.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:33 AM

No, I won't. I went through that "it's all in your head" with my doctor for 3 years until he finally started do tests to rule out what it wasn't. I no longer have that doctor. I have been doing research now for about 2 years trying to learn all I can. That how I found out about the chest pains (and it feels like a heart attack) after I have all of the tests--stress test, cath test, etc.....
You go, girl! Whenever a doctor says "It's all in your head." I interpret it as "I don't know, I don't want to know, and I don't care." RUN, don't walk, to the next doctor. Too many doctors nowadays are into the quick fix, and if there's no quick fix handy, too bad. When they adopt that attitude, as far as I'm concerned, they become just another disposable commodity. There are more where that one came from. <G>