Fire in Oklahoma City

Old 09-01-2011, 12:29 AM

Leota, we've been watching the fires on TV. We were just last week at Arcadia Round Barn and POPS in that area. Prayers for families and firemen.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:03 AM

We've had a couple near the Houston area recently. Leaving this morning for the Panhandle and I almost dread seeing how parched my beautiful state has become. Hope everyone stays safe and we all get rain from these two possible rainmakers in the Gulf of Mexico.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:23 AM

my prayers are going out to you. and also your friends who have lost there property i just cant imagine.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:24 AM

Prayers for the people that are burned out and prayers for lots of rain. We are so dry here in Antlers too.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:38 AM

Fires are scary!! I live in the city but both my kids live outside it and I worry about them. Our winds don't help, for sure. and it's just too hot anyway...I don't know how much more we can take. It's the craziest year ever! Prayers for these families and firefighters. Also taking gatorade and water to those guys.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:02 AM

We have family in Edmond and have been watching the news. Keep safe and move quickly if told to. Will keep you in my thoughts. This has been such an awful year everywhere you turn.
Originally Posted by janethagy
Leota I know how you feel. I live about 10 miles or more from those fires and when I step outside I can smell the smoke really bad. About 3 weeks ago we had a bad wildfire north of Edmond, this one came within 2 miles of my home. It can be very scary too... My thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone affected by these fires. Stay safe
Old 09-01-2011, 06:17 AM

I have been driving to OKC every day (DH in hospital at Mercy) and it is just to much to think about. Everyone is in my prayers as this is hitting about the third day. All the firefighters, Highway Patrol, OKC police, Red Cross and many others are doing a GREAT job and working so hard.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 AM

Don't just gather things together, PUT THEM IN YOUR CAR. We were burned over a few years ago (near Yosemite) and 3 neighbors lost their houses. We had a good clearing around ours and a city fire dept. was stationed there (sleeping on our deck, using our house as their place because we were too far from any town). They got a call that the wind had shifted and to get out! They got less than a quarter mile before they had to turn back. They back fired and saved our cabin/house. Wonderful people!!!! But they had left almost immediately when they got the call (they were prepared) and they still couldn't get out.

It's not a joke. Have everything really important in the car NOW. You can always bring it back in later. What have you got to lose? A half hour of work vs losing it all!
Old 09-01-2011, 08:17 AM

Thank you all your prayers.
right now it's contained but if the winds pick up, it could take off again.
They are bringing a special task force with special equipment to build a fire break. Hopefully, they can get it completely out today. We so need rain...
Pray for rain... lots of rain...
Old 09-01-2011, 10:52 AM

Be safe! Praying for rain and the stop to the fires quickly!