Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Flu Season Again (What do you take?) >
  • Flu Season Again (What do you take?)

• Flu Season Again (What do you take?)

Old 10-05-2011, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    I'll get another flu shot when they can show me something that says ALL the Mercury and ALL the Aluminum has been removed from it.
    Last one I had was in about 2000 or so, everyone in that area of the hospital lost almost the whole month of February, even the lab doctor. And even now, very few medical folks will accept such a thing, unless it's forced on them.

Me, I regularly take MMS, which is Chorine Dioxide, a perfect killer for microbes. Used in cleansing drinking water, cleansing red blood cells before transfusion, killing molds, etc. Check it out on the Internet. Some countries are using it instead of the dangerous Fluoride in water systems.
    I would avoid tuna also, then. There is about the same amount of mercury in a flu shot as there is in a can of tuna.
    Old 10-05-2011, 01:51 AM

The one & only time we all had flu ,was back when DD was a baby in the late 60's.That was all it took .
    We've had flu shots since they were 1st available.A real case of flu is a miserable feeling,sick for sure & nothing from over the counter was worth the bother.

At our Sr age, it's also dangerous.
    No flu here in all those yrs,thanking my lucky stars! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Originally Posted by craftybear
    Flu Season again

Do you get a flu shot? What over the counter meds do you take in case you get the flu?
    Old 10-05-2011, 02:26 AM

I am a nurse so I must get it, but even if it wasn't required, I would get it anyway. All my family gets a shot too.
    Old 10-05-2011, 03:08 AM

Both myself and husband get flu shot---he is a heart patient so very important to keep him as healthy as possible.
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:03 AM

flu shot..because i babysit the grandkids 2 days a week..the rest of the days are daycare or school. the little petri dishes bring home everything! lol

pedialite for kids (not sure of the spelling) drink mix..basically the same as Gatorade. the kids do not like the flavor, so i make Popsicle out of it, instead of buying the pedialite Popsicle. bottled pedialite has a short shelf life,so i buy the powdered mix,individual packets.

the more fluid you loose, the sicker you get, due to the electrolyte lose in your body..

if you have high blood pressure,you need to check with your doctor, Gatorade has a lot of salt in it.

i had the flu already, 2 weeks before school started and before i had my shot. groan....
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:03 AM

We got our flu shots at the pharmacy in our local supermarket. I use Vicks Nyquil and Daycare for discomfort.
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 AM

I get the shot, have had no problems with flu at all.
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:19 AM

I nearly died from the flu a few years ago. It turned into Pneumonia so I get the shots from now on. That was a huge hospital bill I don't want another.
    I use my grandma's remedy of salt water nasal spray the first instant I feel my nose itch. Salt kills germs and I usually don't get sick to start with.
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:25 AM

I have had many colds in my life time, but have only had the actual flu once in my life...and I never want that beast back again. I remember it very well...the high fever and chills, even wrapped in a nice quilt..did not keep me warm. Had that nasty fever for 4 days.. yukkk BUT..I still have never got the flu shot yet. My DH has at work.. but not me.
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:35 AM

I've gotten the flu shot for years and then for the past two years it has been mandatory here at the children's hospital that I work at. One year I didn't get the shot and even though I didn't get the flu the colds that I got were worse. I really like Advil's new decongestion meds they have out; most of my friends and I have had great luck with it. I also like Alka-Seltzer cold and flu; don't get the flavored ones because they have aspartame in it and it has done bad things to my body; including but not limited to siezures. Going next week here at the hospital to get my flu shot; that's when they kick of the flu shot drive. I also get my grandkids flu shots as well.