Foal Watch For Patches

Old 06-14-2009, 07:50 PM

I got to see the birth with dial up! Have been busy reading the posts until now! That was great!
About the stimulating, I had two puppies where the mother died trying to have a too large pup, and I stimulated with warm Q tips! Even took the pups to school with me and had them in my classroom in a shoe box with a light covered with a towel. Took care of them at recess and lunch and again at afternoon recess. Had them there all week until Friday when someone asked if there were puppies in that box. They had whimpered when it was quiet. Then all the kids got a lesson on the care and feeding of 6 day old puppies. It was one of those teacheable moments!

Well, all ... I have added enough joy to your evening ... I am going to toddle off to spend some time with hubby.
Catch you later.
Congratulations, Kay.
Good job, Patches!
Welcome to the world, Fine Fellow! <wave>
Banned

Originally Posted by omak
WHEW! Thank you for clearing that up for me! My imagination was starting to run wild there, for a minute! LOL

The only comparable thing we do for human babies is a quick rectal probe to make sure that end is open. It's not a common birth defect, but it does happen that the plumbing isn't hooked up correctly.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Power Poster

I am so glad she foaled, and EARLY :lol: :lol: :lol: Kay needs sleep and amma needs pain pills and a heating pad and early night after chases grands around the park today :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Power Poster

Kay's laying on the floor now looking, what a good mommy she is!
Drink, little one, drink!!
I wish we knew how he is doing, if he is really drinking!
Old 06-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

good night omak!! thanks for all of the input :wink: :wink: :wink: glad you got to be here!!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Shemjo
I got to see the birth with dial up! Have been busy reading the posts until now! That was great!
About the stimulating, I had two puppies where the mother died trying to have a too large pup, and I stimulated with warm Q tips! Even took the pups to school with me and had them in my classroom in a shoe box with a light covered with a towel. Took care of them at recess and lunch and again at afternoon recess. Had them there all week until Friday when someone asked if there were puppies in that box. They had whimpered when it was quiet. Then all the kids got a lesson on the care and feeding of 6 day old puppies. It was one of those teacheable moments!
What a great experience for the kids!!!
Power Poster

goodnight omak, thanks for all the info!

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Every child should have that kind of education ... it teaches something about life and living that helps us not take it so for granted.
My favorite thing growing up was to find out a cow was going to calve Sunday afternoon ... I would BEG my parents to let us invite one of the church families to lunch so I could sneak the kids out to watch the birth ... I was so ... hmmm... can't admit to a thing <g> but, I would teach a sex education class while the cow calved - - I was all of ten ... LOL ... every one of those kids grew up to have lots of babies, so I am sure I helped them a LOT! <g>
Old 06-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Power Poster

omak...glad you were not around to teach my kids.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: