Foal Watch For Patches

Old 06-17-2009, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by amma
Originally Posted by kaykay
Okay what do you guys think of

Baxters Feature Evolution and the barn name Harley???

Poor guy needs a name!

Rumor is regsitered both shetland and miniature horse. This guy is shetland only :)
I love this name!!! He's alllllll stretched out like an old school Harley :D :wink: :D
As soon as I read this, the Beatles' song 'Revolution' started going in my head, and I can't get it out. Sort of fits the little errrrr big guy.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JoanneS
As soon as I read this, the Beatles' song 'Revolution' started going in my head, and I can't get it out. Sort of fits the little errrrr big guy.

Darn it Joanne! Now you've done it to ME!!!! :evil: Hmmmm, who can I pass it on to?

Someone's in the stable with Harley
Someone's in the stable I know-ow-ow-ow
Someone's in the stable with Harley
Strumming on the old banjo! :D
Old 06-17-2009, 07:25 PM

Is anyone else watching the love fest going on on camera right now. So darn cute!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:26 PM

Ooops - too late! Patches got up, and Harley's eating again!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Is anyone else watching the love fest going on on camera right now. So darn cute!

Joanne, that isn't a love fest, it's a pest fest. Harley will NOT allow Patches to lie down to sleep. It doesn't matter if he is sound asleep, as soon as she lies down too, he gets up and pesters her until she gets up. He nurses a little bit and then he stretches out for a nap. But if she tries to lie down again, he is up doing the same thing. I don't know why, but it obviously bugs the dickens out of him for her to lie down.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Power Poster

That's because 2 weeks ago when he wanted out....mama would not stay laying down long enough!!! Sooo he figures she doesn't need to lay down any longer now than she did back then!!! Paybacks ya know :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 06-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by amma
That's because 2 weeks ago when he wanted out....mama would not stay laying down long enough!!! Sooo he figures she doesn't need to lay down any longer now than she did back then!!! Paybacks ya know :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

No Amma, it's the other way around: SHE wanted him out, but he wouldn't budge. Kay told us how she kept knocking at the door of the birthing stall trying to get in! I think he's the horse alter ego to SWAK!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Power Poster

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-18-2009, 02:15 AM

No wonder poor Patches is so tired during the day. I swear this colt is nocturnal LOL. He sleeps most of the day outside then bugs the crap out of her all night.

We were going to try and put them out with the herd today but I think its still supposed to rain all day yuck

The show we are going to is in Rantoul Illinois at the Gordyville arena. They are doing 2 500.00 payback classes and I am going to try and win that money :D

If anyones close please come see us!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 02:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kaykay
No wonder poor Patches is so tired during the day. I swear this colt is nocturnal LOL. He sleeps most of the day outside then bugs the crap out of her all night.
The show we are going to is in Rantoul Illinois at the Gordyville arena. They are doing 2 500.00 payback classes and I am going to try and win that money :D
If anyones close please come see us!!!

I wish I could come cheer you on, but you're not gonna need it, you're gonna take it ALL home!!!

I wondered if anyone else watched in the middle of the night. It really seems as if he just can't stand it if she is lying down. Otherwise he sleeps like a little angel, but only as long as she is still on her feet. Poor Patches. She is SOOOO patient with him. She's such a good mommy!