Folded sheets

Old 06-07-2011, 12:10 PM

I fold sheets after hanging them on clothesline outside - as I pull them off the line, they get folded, then dropped into my wicker basket to bring into the house. Love sheets & towels off the line.
The first thing I learned to iron was pillowcases - Mom ironed everything, first sprinkling with water from the old Orange Crush bottle with cork & plastic holes top. It must have been before steam irons.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Cottage Dee
I found this great video "How to fold a fitted sheet like a Pro"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTyH2nuFAw
I can see my husband doing that now~~~LOL
Old 06-07-2011, 02:16 PM

I only have one set, wash them and put them back on the bed. I would love to have them ironed but they are king size and that just isn't going to happen.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:22 PM

I fold them so they fit on the linen closet shelf. My grandmother ironed everything including underwear, socks and all linens. Me I do laundry as easy and quick as possible.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by lheartsl
they get folded as best as I can get them... the fitted sheet is such a PITA!
Folding fitted sheets is rather easy. I learned how from Martha Stewart. If you google "How to fold fitted sheets" you'll get lots of references, including Martha's. Give it a try.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by delma_paulk
Hi Gunny,

Granny sprinkled water on the pieces to be ironed because they were starched! Remember doing that meself. My girls used to have those frilly gathered dresses with the long tie to make bows that had to be starched, sprinkled and ironed! Sooooo glad I don't have to iron sheets or little girl dresses anymore; but with GGrandDau I probably would not mind, did not mind doing it for her mother.
My mom, and then I, sprinkled everything that needed to be ironed, whether it was starched or not - except for sheets - both of us had mangles so we ironed sheets without dampening them. I love sheets ironed flat and smooth and folded just so. After they came out with permanent press, I didn't iron them anymore, but folded them right off the clothesline and when I got a dryer, right out of the dryer. Still do - they gotta be just right, folded straight, flat and neatly.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:58 PM

I fold and put in a drawer. My mother taught me to fold fitted sheets. To this day don't do as well as she.
Yes my grandma ironed sheets and everything. I iron, tableclothes, napkins(cloth ones) and our shirts if needed.
But mostly iron lots and lots of fabric...... :-D :thumbup:
Old 06-07-2011, 02:59 PM

Folding fitted sheets is rather easy. I learned how from Martha Stewart. If you google "How to fold fitted sheets" you'll get lots of references, including Martha's. Give it a try.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Carol's Quilts
Don't know why this posted twice. Sorry
Old 06-07-2011, 03:29 PM

I responded earlier today and tried to explain how I fold them. This video is it! Well this fellow is a little more deliberate, but is using the same steps I do and it works. After a few times, it becomes second nature. Been using this technique for..... nearly 40 years. It is one of those little skills or tricks that I have passed on to my children and nieces when they moved into their own homes or apartments and space was limited.