Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Foods that are toxic to your pets >
  • Foods that are toxic to your pets

• Foods that are toxic to your pets

Old 10-17-2012, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
    I will suggest you have your pooch examined by a vet. Yeast infections of any part of the body can be caused by many different things including allergies. There could also be some kind of underlying infection or a metabolic disorder. Yeast infections can be very uncomfortable and even painful for your pet (and humans too). If the symptoms of the infection are severe, it can lead to even bigger issues with your pet. This can included temperament changes. I have seen some dogs that are the most docile, cooperative, loving animals turn into the exact opposite when they have had a severe yeast infection.

I strongly urge you see your vet for a appropriate diagnosis and treatment. Animals can develop allergies as they age and this includes allergies to foods that they have eaten in the past without any problem.
    Thanks, I'll call them today. I knew it wasn't her annal glands needing to be squeezed because with my daughter being a groomer she comes across this alot. She would have noticed. I was thinking my doggie might be like me and when they gave her anti biotics for her surgery she got the yeast infection; I do it every time. Thanks for all the info; I would never risk either of my dogs health for anything. The Akita is my sons dog but he was out of town when he got bloat; I'm so thank full that I rushed him to the vet and saved his life. Then I told my son he needed to agree to get him fixed that I didn't spend over 3,000 to save him and then him get cancer because he hadn't gotten fixed. He finally agreed; it was a male ego thing. Then I got him the elder care check up to make sure he could handle the surgery. Thank you so much