Free digitiser

Old 11-19-2013, 04:36 PM

Default Free digitiser

To the machine embroiderers on this board, does anyone use Wilcom free digitizer? I have downloaded it but can't for the life of me make it work. If anyone has one could you please PM me. Thank you in advance for any help.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:55 PM
Administrator

i didn't see a free version at their website.
can you provide a link?
Old 11-20-2013, 12:35 AM

I have wilcom true sizer which is free, but I don't think it's a digitizer. I think it only resizes already digitized designs. I didn't know they had any other free programs.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:36 AM

You might try Sierra's. stitch era universal. It may be easier to figure out. It is also free. I use Wilcom for resizing or changing format of designs.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 AM

My mistake calling it a digitizer. It's the changing of formats I want. A quilting buddy has Embird. I may have to buy that if I can't work Wilcom out.
I'll also try your suggestion jlkm. Thank you for your help everyone.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:22 AM

I use buzz tools. They have a free version to use for a limited time. They are also on you tube so you can see how to work with their products. They have many different products to chose from.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:31 AM

Wilcom's digitizer is NOT free. The actual program cost $$$$$. The TrueSizer is the free part. It allows the user to change the format and re-size the pattern. the TrueSizer is great if you have patterns in formats that your sewing machine does not recognize.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by jlm5419
You might try Sierra's. stitch era universal. It may be easier to figure out. It is also free. I use Wilcom for resizing or changing format of designs.
This software isn't really free anymore. You get a free evaluation period (only 48 hours) then they charge a monthly "connection fee"
I was considering it anyway, but I've never used it & was wondering if it is user friendly & worth the monthly fee.

http://www.freesierrasoftware.com/default.asp
Old 11-21-2013, 03:00 PM

Katesnanna, check with the embroidery group on this site. It seems like there is a user of every different kind of program and machine there. Someone should be able to help you out.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:48 AM

I never used WilcomTrusizer, because back when I started, I understood you had to be on line to use it. Instead, I use Tajima Pulse Ambassador. It is very easy to use for changing format & colors. But so is Wings My Editor, and it does a lot more ( resize, cut, image, more)...... They are both free . For merging fonts to write words, & add small designs, I use Combine Design from Bowsandclothes.com that they created& sell for $10. It only works for .pes, and only 4x4 or 5x7 hoops, but very easy and fun to use. I suggested it on another post for making labels. I'm not near my storage computer to post the links, but you can find easily. Oh yes, there is a YouTube video for CombineDesign, and prob for all the others.