Fur Babies

Old 05-06-2012, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
JOLLY BALL!!!!
My Katie-bug is Jolly ball crazy. Is Missy a Cattle Dog mix? She's got that Cattle Dog look about her face.
I think that is why her name was Mystery when I got her. Everyone guesses but we don't know what kind of dog she is. I have looked on the internet and what I came up with is a Carolina Dog. There is a breeder in the south and the pictures of her dogs look just like Missy. The description also fits her, "not a mean bone in her body." When I got her at 9 months from the pound the description was Shepard and Golden Retriever mix. The vet said if she is that mix then she is a midget as she only weighs 30 pounds. I thank whoever gave her up every day, because I am one lucky dog owner.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by burchquilts
Oh, I'm so sorry for your losses, Chris. I understand what you're going thru, tho. We had to have our Yankee put down around Thanksgiving & I'm still grieving. I think about his little funny self every single day. Oh, don't get me wrong... I adore my "new" Lep but we didn't get him to "replace" Yankee Pierre. It's so hard to lose them.
rebecca; Thanks for understanding and there is just no replacing the lost furbaby. I tried once to do that and didn't love the replacement wholeheartedly and I grieved over that fact at the replacement's death. I hope that makes sense. Chris
Old 05-06-2012, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by MarLeClair
Can I share. Nothing better to talk about than my Missy. When I got her 5 years ago her name was Mystery and she answered to it so Missy was close enough and she didn't know the difference. She had double knee surgery in December and is finally back to normal. We made it through that together, me worrying and her healing.
She looks a lot like our Rowdy. We had 2 dogs and a few months ago, a dog started playing with them. After a week, I noticed this dog was getting scrawnier and scrawnier and I checked his tag and it was expired in 2010. He couldn't walk on all 4 legs and he's blind in one eye. I took him to the vet and they ran tags and said he'd come from a local animal shelter. He had 3 fractures in his pelvis and buck shot in him. He weighed 9 pounds. We called him Tiny Tim (because he's little and crippled!).

The fractures were fairly new so they are healing on their own. He was taking medicine for it, but not anymore. He still holds one leg up when he runs, but is doing soooo much better. He's up to 15 healthy pounds and doesn't have a care in the world now. He's spoiled rotten and loves to wrestle with the other dogs (against doctor's and momma's orders!). About 6 months ago, I heard that my favorite wrestler had been wrestling with a broken neck and I thought of him, so we re-named him Rowdy Roddy Puppy.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:30 PM

Ashley R,
You have given one lucky dog a new life. I love stories like this. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:49 PM

Ashley R,
You have given one lucky dog a new life. I love stories like this. Thanks for sharing.
When we found out he has seasonal allergies, my husband said, "Of course he does! Everything else is wrong with him, why shouldn't his allergies be right?!" He's such a good dog, though. All our babies are "used". The other dogs were found by other people and ended up with us. 4 cats with their own stories of neglect and abuse and our rabbit was from the shelter too. I have too many to share pictures of them all, but here's a great picture of Rowdy that is on my work computer LOL
Attached Thumbnails rrp.jpg  
Old 05-07-2012, 01:33 PM

Can I share. Nothing better to talk about than my Missy. When I got her 5 years ago her name was Mystery and she answered to it so Missy was close enough and she didn't know the difference. She had double knee surgery in December and is finally back to normal. We made it through that together, me worrying and her healing.
There's no mystery here -- Missy is a total doll baby! No wonder you're smitten!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by EvelynJ
Jinger is my baby, she's a rescued pound puppy. When she has been neglected too long, she scratches on my leg or jumps behind me in my chair. She's a great dog.
She's a total cutie! Rescues are the very best, aren't they? Her & my Leo could have a big ol' time, romping & playing!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by beatys9
Glad I'm not the only one who's fur babies are a fixture on the furniture
Hey, we're lucky they let us on the furniture... LOL!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC
JOLLY BALL!!!!
My Katie-bug is Jolly ball crazy. Is Missy a Cattle Dog mix? She's got that Cattle Dog look about her face.
OK... I'm dumb (& evidently Leo is deprived)... what is a Jolly Ball? Is it a life-saver like Kong? LOL! I want Leo to learn to like chasing a ball. As it is now, he likes to tug, which gets old (& painful after a while)... & slobbery.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by AshleyR
When we found out he has seasonal allergies, my husband said, "Of course he does! Everything else is wrong with him, why shouldn't his allergies be right?!" He's such a good dog, though. All our babies are "used". The other dogs were found by other people and ended up with us. 4 cats with their own stories of neglect and abuse and our rabbit was from the shelter too. I have too many to share pictures of them all, but here's a great picture of Rowdy that is on my work computer LOL
i LOVE the name "Rowdy"! And for good reason --- look who it's attached to! He's a doll baby!