FYI for quilters with dogs

Old 07-04-2010, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
I wonder what other bugs this works with . Wonder if it works if you spread it on plants/flowers, does anyone know ?
for flowers i spray with a mixture of dawn dish soap and water about a table spoon to hlf gallon of water.i had a real problem with bugs eating mu roses the dish soap took care of that and leaves are no longer being eaten
Old 07-04-2010, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
Thank you for the tip! It would be much cheaper than bug spray, I hate to use so much poisin!
Your dog is sure cute!
Ummm, I'm not sure how safe laundry soap is. Seems to me it's a type of "poison" and could be toxic to your dogs. I wouldn't be feeding it to my dogs anyways. But then, I have two Jack Russell Terriers who eat EVERYTHING so maybe it's more of a problem at my house.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:52 PM

another biodegradable solution.
put human or dog hair in the garden it keeps away rabits deer and birds from eating the tender plants. the oder from the hair causes fear in the animals so thy stay away.
human hair workes better for deer. so going to the beauty shop save your hair
Old 07-04-2010, 12:56 PM

i called the animal poisen controll center they said it would not be harmfull to animals.
it only takes a small amout not enough to even show been doing it all spring and summer it has not effected any of my dogs that also includes a 6 week old puppy that like to eat grass as do the other two
Old 07-04-2010, 01:03 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:41 PM

good tip, I will have to see if it works on kitties also!
Old 07-04-2010, 04:03 PM

I wonder if you can put some on the carpet insode the house? My dog has no fleas, and he is outside alot of the time (like a bull in a china shop when he comes in and I swear he has doggy ADD) but the cat has a couple of fleas here and there, and she never goes outside. Flea treatments are not working.....hmmm, will have to look into more of that
Old 07-04-2010, 05:00 PM

Some guy on tv said wash your dog in Regular dawn dishwashing soap and it will kill fleas. But rinse well to prevent skin irritation. they look great and smell nice.
Maybe I will try the laundry soap in my garden around the green beans. I also mix dawn in the pressure washer and spray my back porch . It helps with pest. He also said it kills diseases on trees. Might keep ants off the fruit tress. Just spray the tree trunk not the fruit. Just passing along.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:01 PM

Thanks for the tip! I'll give it a try too. My dog doesn't have fleas but was thinking more for mosqitoes & spiders. We have alot of rabbits & squirrels running around outside. We found babies one year & they was loaded with fleas. If nothing else it would be a good preventative
Old 07-04-2010, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by tweetee
I wonder if you can put some on the carpet insode the house? My dog has no fleas, and he is outside alot of the time (like a bull in a china shop when he comes in and I swear he has doggy ADD) but the cat has a couple of fleas here and there, and she never goes outside. Flea treatments are not working.....hmmm, will have to look into more of that
I have always used Borex It work great on your carpet. Just leave it a few day then Vac it up. You have to retreat every 7 to 10 day because the eggs hatch. the Borex will refresh the carpet