FYI- USPS Shipping

Old 11-27-2010, 08:13 AM

I think I'd write to the Post Master General and inquire.. the Labels are FREE online and FREE at our post office... sounds as if someoen maybe making some $$ on the side.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:24 AM

I just looked on USPS.com website. The self-adhesive shipping labels that you use for "Click n Ship" to print shipping labels are not free. They are $9.00 for a set of 25

From their website:
Convenient self-adhesive labels, ideal for the USPS Click-N-Ship®. The labels work well on both laser and ink jet printers and can be used for both Express Mail® and Priority Mail®. Note: this set includes 25 sheets and is for domestic shipping only.

Label Specifications:

•Width: 6.78”
•Height: 4.75”
•Left Margin: 0.625”
•Right Margin: 1.095”
•Top Margin: 0.375”
•Bottom Margin: 5.875”
•Vertical Spacing: 0”
•Horizontal Spacing: 0”
•Supplied: On standard letter–sized 8.5” x 11” Sheets
•# per Sheet: 1
•Material Color: White
Originally Posted by bluteddi
I think I'd write to the Post Master General and inquire.. the Labels are FREE online and FREE at our post office... sounds as if someoen maybe making some $$ on the side.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:28 PM

Has anyone tried to print a return address label? I tried today and was told I had to put a specific mailing date on the postage and that it was only good for 24 hours from that date. So - I can have FRE delivered to my house and print my own postage to send the package from home. But if I need to include a self-addressed return envelope with postage on it - I have to go to the Post Office. This makes absolutely no sense to me! Has anyone else had an issue with this? Makes it really obvious why the PO is going out of business - they are NOT customer friendly!!

P.S. From what I saw online today the self-adhesive Click N ship labels are now $7 for 25 sheets.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:41 PM

You don't have to use USPS adhesive labels. Just print the label on plain paper & tape to FRE with tape of 4 sides. I also put a piece of tape over mail to address. Yes, when putting in the info for Click n Ship, you have to say when FRE will be mailed. For a return FRE label, I don't see why you can't put in a date a couple days in the future, if your sure the other end will mail back immediately upon receipt.

Originally Posted by craftyone27
Has anyone tried to print a return address label? I tried today and was told I had to put a specific mailing date on the postage and that it was only good for 24 hours from that date. So - I can have FRE delivered to my house and print my own postage to send the package from home. But if I need to include a self-addressed return envelope with postage on it - I have to go to the Post Office. This makes absolutely no sense to me! Has anyone else had an issue with this? Makes it really obvious why the PO is going out of business - they are NOT customer friendly!!

P.S. From what I saw online today the self-adhesive Click N ship labels are now $7 for 25 sheets.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:46 PM

[quote=donnajean]You don't have to use USPS adhesive labels. Just print the label on plain paper & tape to FRE with tape of 4 sides. I also put a piece of tape over mail to address. Yes, when putting in the info for Click n Ship, you have to say when FRE will be mailed. For a return FRE label, I don't see why you can't put in a date a couple days in the future, if your sure the other end will mail back immediately upon receipt.

Can't just put in for a few days from now as this is a block swap. It doesn't close until the end of the month and I have no idea when the return blocks will be sent back.