Garden

Old 04-12-2010, 01:49 PM

i love to garden and am also looking for a forum - i just started a topic before I saw this thread. hopefully we can find one as good as this board. I just put some seeds under grow lights - corn, pansies, iceland poppies and potted up a bunch of geranium starts. it's still too cold here in Montana to go play outside and in the dirt. but that's ok 'cause I can quilt!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:00 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Here is a link that might be helpful:

http://www.gardenweb.com/

I think I've stumbled across posts there while looking for info.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by amma
You can get a lot of information from your local County Master Gardener's program. They will know all the tips on your particular area. You can call them with questions and they will point you in the right direction :D:D:D
Down here the Master Gardeners are located at the County Extension Offices. They generally have helpful printed material, too.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:53 PM

You are correct. The Master Gardeners are volunteers for the County Extension Office. Each State has their own training and requirements for the MGs. Many times they help in the office, and answer calls or do on site visits to help the Extension Educator that normally handles the horticulture duties in the office. They get busy in the summer... with calls, and fairs, and what not.
I would suggest that you look online for your state to see if they have information on the web. OR, call your local office and ask. They will point you in the right direction.
Or... you can always PM me if you have garden growing questions. I love to help!