Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Gastric By-Pass or Lap Band >
  • Gastric By-Pass or Lap Band

• Gastric By-Pass or Lap Band

Old 06-08-2010, 11:35 AM

My husband hand gastric bypass surgery 4 years ago. He lost 80 pounds the first year; and lost another 20 the next year. He has kept it all off.

I try and try, and still seem to keep gaining. It's a hard battle.
    Old 06-08-2010, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Gramma B
    My husband hand gastric bypass surgery 4 years ago. He lost 80 pounds the first year; and lost another 20 the next year. He has kept it all off.

I try and try, and still seem to keep gaining. It's a hard battle.

It has been a lifelong battle for me and now it is my life that I am fighting for. Sad but so true.

Missy
    Old 06-08-2010, 12:10 PM

Missy,

Congratulations! You should be very very proud of yourself, not only for so successfully following your doctor's and nutritionist's directions prior to surgery but for wanting to improve your health and to be there for your children for years to come. I am very happy with my decision to have gastric bypass 15 months ago, and I would do it all over in a heartbeat!

I wish you the best when you go through the surgery, and for a quick recovery and success in the years to come. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the surgery or life after the surgery.

Best to you!
    Old 06-08-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGramma
    Missy,

Congratulations! You should be very very proud of yourself, not only for so successfully following your doctor's and nutritionist's directions prior to surgery but for wanting to improve your health and to be there for your children for years to come. I am very happy with my decision to have gastric bypass 15 months ago, and I would do it all over in a heartbeat!

I wish you the best when you go through the surgery, and for a quick recovery and success in the years to come. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the surgery or life after the surgery.

Best to you!
    Thank you so much. I had my mom take a picture of me the day I started the diet. I think that was a smart thing.

Oh I forgot to add that my mom had the lap band done a year ago. She has done very well and is very satisfied with where she is at today. She has problems remembering to take tiny bites and to chew chew chew but other than that things have gone well for her.

I really appreciate the opportunity to have shared my story. Maybe there is someone out there on this list that is struggling like me and so maybe they will see that they do not have to just wait for death but that they can fight for life, like I am.

Missy
    Old 06-08-2010, 12:54 PM

Missy,

God Bless you in your efforts to succeed. I have been there, done that and sure as heck don't want the T-shirt. My prayers are with you and if you need encouragment, just shoot me a PM, any time. I would love to be there for you.

Judi
    Old 06-08-2010, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN
    Missy,

God Bless you in your efforts to succeed. I have been there, done that and sure as heck don't want the T-shirt. My prayers are with you and if you need encouragment, just shoot me a PM, any time. I would love to be there for you.

Judi
    Thank you Judi. I know that as I get closer to the surgery I will need lots of support.

Missy
    Old 06-08-2010, 01:16 PM

I know a women who had it done before xmas. She had the lap band and hasn't had a problem. She has lost 75 lbs so far. Good luck on which ever you choose and everything goes well.
    Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 PM

Good for you! I wish you the best. You have proven you can do it. Keep us posted on your weight loss!!!!
    Old 06-08-2010, 07:45 PM

Good for you Missy, I wish you the best of luck with your procedure, you have your head in the right place to be succesful. Get ready to enjoy life again
    Old 06-08-2010, 07:51 PM

Missy I am proud of you for taking this step. I know it was not easy and you still have hurdles to cross. But I really feel by reading your post, that you will in fact be a true success. If you ever need to talk or vent or a shoulder, PM me. I walked my DD, coworkers, and many patients & friends through GB surgery. You can do it. You are already on your way. In Oct. it will be 3 yrs since my DD had her surgery & she is still doing great! Man that woman has the energy!!! She could put the energizer bunny to shame. LOL It has really been something to see since she could barely move before surgery. She has not had 1 bit of trouble, but she sticks to what the Dr told her to a tee. I wish you the very very best & am here to cheer for you.

Hugs
    Gram