Give UsYour BEST....

Old 06-27-2010, 08:24 AM

After cleaning your tub and making is "sparkly" wipe it (tiles, walls, glass doors, etc) down with furniture polish (for those of us with hard water this really works well). This causes water to "sheet" and keeps soap scum from sticking to the surfaces as easily. And keeping a squeegie in the shower to swipe the walls down after use will help minimize future clean-ups.

By the way, I noticed someone mentioned cleaning oven parts. People really use the oven? I think I need a good tutorial on that one. I have lots of volunteers to take over kitchen duties when I offer to cook.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Pam

By the way, I noticed someone mentioned cleaning oven parts. People really use the oven? I think I need a good tutorial on that one. I have lots of volunteers to take over kitchen duties when I offer to cook.[/quote]

Yes, I cook, I love to, however I am NOT a baker. I am too fat and know better than to have all of those goodies laying around. Might as well just staple them to my butt. Mama "got back".
Old 06-27-2010, 08:46 AM

DH provides this one: Wax the walls of the bathtub and shower with car polish/wax. It REALLY keeps the yuk off!!!

Sweep the kitchen every day........it REALLY will make your house look better.

Pick up pop cans, clutter every night before going to bed....makes you HAPPY to get up in the morning.

We live in a DUSTY area, with dirt roads...ENDUST REALLY works!!!!! Don't use feather dusters....they just fluff the dust up and it settles again when your back is turned.

and one I've been trying to do myself....set up a schedule...every day clean 1 or 2 rooms THOROUGHLY....the first week is a killer but after that it's much easier and the house shines.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
DH provides this one: Wax the walls of the bathtub and shower with car polish/wax. It REALLY keeps the yuk off!!!

Sweep the kitchen every day........it REALLY will make your house look better.

Pick up pop cans, clutter every night before going to bed....makes you HAPPY to get up in the morning.

and one I've been trying to do myself....set up a schedule...every day clean 1 or 2 rooms THOROUGHLY....the first week is a killer but after that it's much easier and the house shines.
Just make sure all that waxing and furniture polish doesn't land on the bottom of the tub or you'll be waxing it with your bare butt!

Also sounds like you've been listening to the FLYLADY. She insists on a clean sink and cleaning certain rooms each day/week top to bottom.

I think once you DECLUTTER STUFF from your life you really do have time to do other things.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:09 AM

[quote=ToucanSam]1. If you break an egg on the floor, cover it liberally with salt. Makes it very easy to clean up!

Or just call your dogs and they will clean it up. Ruby loves raw eggs.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:14 AM

[quote=KathyAire]
Originally Posted by ToucanSam
1. If you break an egg on the floor, cover it liberally with salt. Makes it very easy to clean up!

Or just call your dogs and they will clean it up. Ruby loves raw eggs.
That's what we do!
Old 06-27-2010, 12:14 PM

to clean my coffee pot I use 1/2 pot vinegar to 1/2 pot water.

To clean the floor 1 cup vinegar to 2 gallons of hot water

If the cat pees on the floor, sprinkle baking soda on top covering fully and then let soak up... sweep away or vacuum.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:22 PM

Fabric Softner creates a water resistant film on your towels, so, instead of using this, use a cup of white vinegar in your final rinse. Towels come out really soft and fluffy.
Old 06-27-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by tweetee
Fabric Softner creates a water resistant film on your towels, so, instead of using this, use a cup of white vinegar in your final rinse. Towels come out really soft and fluffy.
I never use fabric softener in my towels, but I'll try this! :)
Old 06-29-2010, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Use tennis balls in your dryer to prevent static cling. It makes a lot of noise but it really works. I buy my tennis balls at the thrift shops. I guess that one is being green and thrifty. I only have one right now that I can think of.
This really really works and the balls can be used for the dog when their use in the dryer diminishes.