Good Grief

Old 12-08-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I am glad that the dumpster is on the way from my PO box back to my home :D:D:D
-------------------
NO NO NO....Send it back to THEM. Let them pay for the postage.
There's usually a PP envelope with this, and I think that it is calculated by weight. So pack up all that stuff you've been getting that does not have a return envelope and send it to whomever you're irritated at at the moment.

If you don't want them to know who it's from, removed all your addresses...they still have to pay someone to open all the mail just in case they have a renewal.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Originally Posted by amma
I am glad that the dumpster is on the way from my PO box back to my home :D:D:D
-------------------
NO NO NO....Send it back to THEM. Let them pay for the postage.
There's usually a PP envelope with this, and I think that it is calculated by weight. So pack up all that stuff you've been getting that does not have a return envelope and send it to whomever you're irritated at at the moment.

If you don't want them to know who it's from, removed all your addresses...they still have to pay someone to open all the mail just in case they have a renewal.
That's right...anything you can fit in that envelope they have to pay the postage on. I did it for a few months and all that junk finally stopped coming.
I hate waste !!
Trees have died to become garbage !!
Charities send stuff in mail hoping for money...well why did you waste all the money for something that went in the garbage instead of to the charity.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:20 PM

You don't even have to open the envelope if you don't want to. Just write, "refused, return to sender" and they have to pay postage to ship it to you and to get it back.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:39 PM

I think the phone calls are almost worse. I had a call once, before the Do Not Call list, where the sales girl asked to talk to my husband. I asked her if I could help. She asked who I was and I told her I was his wife. She asked if she could talk to him. My response was no, she would either talk to me or no one. So she finally goes on her spiel to sell me the New York Times and all she needed was to verify my address. I said no thank you. She then started to mention some of the things that were in the Times and all she needed to do was to verify our address. Again no thank you. We went in these same circles about 3 more times with the same ending. She then asked again to talk to my husband. I told her no and that I, being his wife, had the right to say no. (This is where it got really good) She then asked to speak to my mother! I said no, my mommy is in (hometown). She said what? I said yes, that's where my mommy lives and I live (here) where I go to work 8-12 hours a day, 5-7 days a week and I think my mommy would say it would be ok if I told you NO to the New York Times! She knew she made a mistake and rattled off an 800 number, incase I would change my mind. By the way I did ask my mom later and she did say it was ok for me to say no.