Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Gotta Have Two of (or more)... >
  • Gotta Have Two of (or more)...

• Gotta Have Two of (or more)...

Old 09-20-2024, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by dunster
    I can't believe no one has mentioned bras yet.
    Yep, bras and panties!
    Old 09-20-2024, 07:14 AM

Was just thinking back to when I had babies in the home, I almost always bought two packages of rubber didy pants at a time when my kids were due for new and fresh ones.

Hated when they got crunchy and started developing rips and tears around the elastics.

Last edited by Endora; 09-20-2024 at 07:23 AM.
    Old 09-20-2024, 10:17 AM
    Power Poster

Found out my favorite coffee is not being sold anymore at the grocery stores. Online the price jumped from $9 in store to over $25 plus. Store manager said it was not on the warehouse inventory anymore. I tracked down the last of it at three different stores and bought it all and they all had a discounted price so that means not being stocked again.. The dates are good until late 2026. By then maybe I'll find another brand I like. LOL
    Old 09-21-2024, 04:27 AM

Since we live outside the city limits, we can't "run" anywhere quickly for needed items or quick dinner! The walk-in pantry is stocked, usually at Sam's. I use Cream of Mushroom soup a lot for cooking, usually in the crock pot. Also, Ro-tel tomatoes and chiles. We buy those by the case of about 12. Lately, I've been cooking with sun-dried tomatoes. Buy 5 jars at a time.
    In my studio, I must have at least 2 pair of scissors. And a pair for cutting paper! I have 3 sewing stations, and I have not supplied the new areas yet. Currently, I am rolling my sewing chair to each station, but am considering purchasing another.
    Old 09-21-2024, 04:47 AM
    Power Poster

I must have at least 2 pair of scissors

I had to chuckle over this. I may have at least 30 or more of scissors in my sewing room I have a basket full. I don't look for scissors, seam rippers, or rotary cutters. I reach in a basket and get another. They all eventually turn up when I do some organizing.
    Old 09-21-2024, 10:39 AM

Growing up in the country, we didn't have a store that we could run to easily. It kind of forced us to stock up a bit. Not lots of extra, but usually when we opened a box of soap, can of coffee, bag of flour, etc., that item went on the next week's shopping list.

Some things, I get through a subscription - coffee lots of personal care products, laundry soap, cat food, cat litter, etc. It's less expensive and saves me time shopping. I have them figured out pretty well to know how often I'll need it. Comes to my door a week or two before I'm out.
    Old 09-21-2024, 11:29 AM
    Power Poster

I have all the bulky and heavy things delivered. From shelf to check out to car to home is too much hassle when delivery is available. I buy for six months at a time of all non food consumables including personal care products. Many may not notice the price increase from six months ago but they have gone up a lot, every six months I pay more for the same items. I have the receipts to prove that!
    Old 09-21-2024, 02:34 PM

Keep the great posts coming ladies!!!
    Old 09-23-2024, 04:34 AM

Love this thread. I am not alone! Some items I purchase in bulk to last 6 months to a year. Which are usually paper products. Cleaning products usually 6 months at a time. Food, if it something I use all the time, I usually keep 3 - 6 of them in my pantry.

Also, when I buy groceries, I really dislike grocery shopping. I buy my groceries to last the month, even perishables. I just use them first. I actually spend less buying them for the entire month in one pickup. I was spending over 250 a week which totaled 1000.00 a month. When I started buying them for the month worth at a time, I usually spend between 500.00 and 550.00 for the entire month. I also don't go back to the store during the month. So no spending a little here/little there. So much better for my budget.
    Old 09-23-2024, 05:06 AM
    Power Poster

In February I bought two padded floor mats. When I bought them I thought I should buy four but didn't. Yesterday I saw them in the store and put two in the cart. I happened to notice the price. In February they were $9.99. Yesterday they were $24.99. Exact same color and brand. I did not buy them. That's too much of a price increase and no one seems to notice how prices are getting out of control.