Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Groan... Target on Black Friday >
  • Groan... Target on Black Friday

• Groan... Target on Black Friday

Old 10-28-2011, 08:04 PM

They announced today they will be opening at midnight on Thanksgiving night. I can't believe that people will go shop at that hour but you know they will. I'm sure the rest of the stores will be following soon.

I bet next year they will all be open on Thanksgiving. That will be awful for the employees.
    Old 10-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Many stores did this last year as well.
    Old 10-28-2011, 08:13 PM

If I can possibly avoid it, I don't go to any store except the grocery store from Thanksgiving until after New Year....and I try to avoid the grocery store. Frenzied people creep me out!
    Old 10-28-2011, 08:14 PM
    Jim

I shop for the bargains....over the years I have saved literally thousands by shopping on Black Fridays and YES...we will plan a stragedy and get all we plan on going for..in all the years that we have shopped on that day I can only think of 1 or 2 things that we didnt get that we planned on getting
    Old 10-28-2011, 08:18 PM

I went out on Black Fridayn about 30 years ago, and swore I would never do it again. And have not. There is nothing I want or need that bad that I have to fight the idiots (not you)LOL but there are a lot. Now that all the kids are older, gift cards and QVC get me through a lot.
    Old 10-28-2011, 08:27 PM

My other half works in management in a retail store. Third shift, no less!! Has to deal with all the people that come in and hang out in the store until the "deals" are available for purchase. The lines are horrible. People are always asking if they can just have the sale price now so they can get to another store, etc. People fighting over limited stock. This retailer does a take a number system for the big ticket items such as the tvs and computers. I couldn't do it, you would see me on the news with the opening statement "Before turning the gun on herself..."
    Old 10-28-2011, 08:52 PM

When my boys were younger we went to the black friday to get the free items. We did not have any money then and most stores had breakfast and then little things they would give away to public. We continued doing this up till last year, and we had money LOL. Last year was a nightmare, they no longer have the cute items that they give out, and actually it is boring, no one has the Holiday cheer they use to 15 years ago, then our city was a little smaller too. But now I say naaaa.. I order everything online for Christmas, UPS brings it to my door and he is a cutie.. hehehe
    Old 10-28-2011, 08:58 PM

Heh heh, I don't even leave the house on Black Friday. I stay home, make cookies and put up Christmas lights. Okay, okay, I stand on the lawn with a cookie in my hand and tell my HUSBAND how to put up Christmas lights. :lol:

I just don't care what bargains I am missing. I am missing the insanity of fistfights and riots in the Walmart parking lot and crazy, greedy people shoving me aside to grab the last discounted toaster oven. Lady, you can HAVE it!!!! :roll:
    Old 10-28-2011, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    order everything online for Christmas, UPS brings it to my door and he is a cutie.. hehehe
    Don't you just love them in their little brown shorts? I have yet to meet a UPS Guy that wasn't a cutie. It is like a prerequisite for employment, good legs and cute. ;)
    Old 10-28-2011, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Mimm
    Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    order everything online for Christmas, UPS brings it to my door and he is a cutie.. hehehe
    Don't you just love them in their little brown shorts? I have yet to meet a UPS Guy that wasn't a cutie. It is like a prerequisite for employment, good legs and cute. ;)
    I think you are right, I know I wouldn't mind being the one doing the hiring... oh yea :twisted: :mrgreen: