Grrrrr.....

Old 01-24-2011, 04:31 PM

I have six dogs and I would NEVER take them into someone else's home just out of fear they would have an accident.

Does Trudy have pets? Then the answer is: my pets do not do well around other animals in their territory so you will not be able to bring your pets anymore.

If Trudy does not have pets: I don't own pets because I don't want the smell, dander, mess, shedding, therefore please don't bring your pets to my home anymore.

The reality is, even if they don't mess, they shed, have odors and dander, etc and this is left behind when they leave.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:34 PM

Two things I don't allow in my home. Untrained pets and undisciplined children!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:39 PM

Shedding all over my fabric - or, gasp, a quilt I was currently working on - would be enough for me. Unless of course, it was my adorable grand-pups.

I think I might graciously allow the pups during the visit, BUT ONLY if she first of all agrees to pay for any possible damage they might do. Then, charge her an exorbitant amount for any cleaning/damage/stains that did not come out, etc.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Jim

Its rude plain and simple...if she cant tell her about it..then she accepts the behavior as being OKAY...complaining about it and not saying anything to the so called friend is not being a friend
Old 01-24-2011, 05:09 PM

What a mess, but I would say also, no pets, that is so rude, she must think she owns everyones home, if she shows up with the dogs dont let her in.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:39 PM

well, first of all she needs to find out why she would let a person come over that would let her animals do that to some one elses carpet, if she needs her friendship that bad then make her come over and clean up the mess. usually when we put up with something that bad from some one it means we need them for a reason that would make her put up with it.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:48 PM

I'm glad I'm older and that stuff doesn't matter anymore. Been through all that...never again
Old 01-24-2011, 06:21 PM

We have a horse farm. A friend of ours brought a woman with him that had a meduim sized, very shaggy dog. After letting her dog run around chasing our ponies in the very muddy paddock, which I told her was not a good idea,she brought the dog into my house and was going to let it up on my sofa!! I told her the dog was not allowed there and she said "I wiped her off with a paper towel"! I then told her that was like watering an elephant with a tea cup and the dog went out into their vehicle until they left. Why do people think that just because you have a couple of acres of property their animals should be allowed the freedom to chase yours??
Old 01-24-2011, 06:34 PM

Your friend needs to decide what her boundaries are. Does she want to be mad and upset over this every time the "friend" comes over? If not tell her point blank, do not bring your dogs. Better the "friend" mad than her.

I think it is very rude when people bring their dogs over. And both children and dogs should not be allowed to have run of someone elses house
Old 01-24-2011, 07:07 PM

I can do ya one better. My hubby adopted a dog..."it followed me home"...you all heard that one, right?? Well, I said it could be a great outside dog. Wasn't long and that outside dog became an inside dog. Now, I don't mind dogs, but I dispise dog hair everywhere! So he has been allowed this dog to be inside IF the dog stays in the cave with him, which he allows to lay all over the furniture even while she was in heat (since been spayed)and ruined a chair cushion. NOW, he wants her to be allowed in the main living room where the grandkids play on the floor. Oh, did I mention this dog sheds more than any dog I've ever seen? She is allowed to stay inside all day locked in the basement with a child gate, to sleep in his bed, and now the living room?? Nope! Not gonna happen! I know this probably turns off some dog lovers out there, but I just can't clean up after this dog all the time, and he won't. She is at least house broke but I'd also never let him take this dog to anothers home to "visit". He would be in denial about any wrong doing his dog might do. (Found one of the grandkids stuffed animals, chewed to pieces just the other day...but it couldn't have been the dog!! Who else could it have been???)