Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Grumpy attitude- a bit of whining >
  • Grumpy attitude- a bit of whining

• Grumpy attitude- a bit of whining

Old 03-08-2010, 08:16 PM

Wish we could all have a pajama party over the weekend, commune with nature (and God for those of us who Believe), watch movies, stitch and bitch, and cry on each others shoulders and have lots of hugs.

Think I'll call my friend tom. and see how she is doing.

BarbM - one moment at a time my friend.
    Old 03-08-2010, 08:38 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by kapatt
    My husband put up florescent, indirect lighting in our living room, dining room and family room. (Living room and dining room are somewhat open and next to each other.) There are times when I get depressed for no reason. That is when I turn those lights on. Boy does it light up the rooms. My husband said it looks like an airport runway...laughing....but in the winter time, he encourages me to turn them on when I'm starting to feel depressed. It works for me. The lights give me energy and helps to get me motivated. This might be another factor in everything bothering you. You might want to look into great lights (at least for one room) and see if it helps during the winter months.
    Hi I have depresion and seasonal disorder, What kind of lights are they? and are they Expensive? thank you
    Old 03-12-2010, 01:44 PM

Hi,
    If there is any way possible - GET TO A DOCTOR!!! I'm not one but I would guess you're suffering from clinical depression. I lost both parents in a house fire and I fell apart. It took me several trips to various doctors and several different prescriptions to find the "right" one for me, but I DID start to feel better! Life sucks sometimes and each of us probably thinks that nobody else has the crap to deal with that we have and then we're in a downward spiral. Get some help and I think you'll feel stronger and more apt to tackle what life throws at you. Then, you'll feel like cleaning and when your house is clean, you'll feel great!! Good luck!
    Old 03-12-2010, 02:00 PM

haven't written in a way- too busy. go figure. work is very busy- am working on a closing for tomorrow. laws changed 1/1/10 to make it easier for borrower to understand docs and I swear ALL the processors are STUPID now. anyway- now I am trying to get this ready for closing.

bottom line- my house is cleaner, my ooomph to sew is back. I hired a cleaning person for the office and work is crazy. Sometimes I think I just need to verbalize my insecurities and my luck changes.

I was actually surprised that my attitude stunk for so long. I don't get down in the dumps very often. now to find some to time to answer some emails to my concerned friends. :)
    Old 03-12-2010, 02:57 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by bob1414
    Hi,
    If there is any way possible - GET TO A DOCTOR!!! I'm not one but I would guess you're suffering from clinical depression. I lost both parents in a house fire and I fell apart. It took me several trips to various doctors and several different prescriptions to find the "right" one for me, but I DID start to feel better! Life sucks sometimes and each of us probably thinks that nobody else has the crap to deal with that we have and then we're in a downward spiral. Get some help and I think you'll feel stronger and more apt to tackle what life throws at you. Then, you'll feel like cleaning and when your house is clean, you'll feel great!! Good luck!
    I am so sorry for your loss, I lost my dad from a nurse over dosing him with 800 mg of chemo in stead of 80mgs he past away that same month. the over dose cost his liver to shut down. Penny
    Old 03-12-2010, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Barbm
    haven't written in a way- too busy. go figure. work is very busy- am working on a closing for tomorrow. laws changed 1/1/10 to make it easier for borrower to understand docs and I swear ALL the processors are STUPID now. anyway- now I am trying to get this ready for closing.

bottom line- my house is cleaner, my ooomph to sew is back. I hired a cleaning person for the office and work is crazy. Sometimes I think I just need to verbalize my insecurities and my luck changes.

I was actually surprised that my attitude stunk for so long. I don't get down in the dumps very often. now to find some to time to answer some emails to my concerned friends. :)
    Good girl. You picked yourself up & dusted off. Already sounds like your better. I had a counsoler in high school that had card on her desk the read "Bitch a little. It wiil make you feel better" Always thought that was funny. Sometimes you just gotta air out the dirty laundry.