Had a car accident today

Old 04-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Power Poster

Pam I sure hope nothing serious is wrong with your shoulder. I sure hope you get your SUV fixed up properly and with new parts. If you have some kind of Insurance Board or something, you could call and tell them what is going on, or maybe the Attorney General's office in your state could tell you who to talk to.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:37 AM

I'm doing just fine.

After talking with my brother-in-law, who is a welder by trade, and to the shop I decided that I would accept the used parts.

It's not going to be done until April 21st, at the earliest, and I told them they can go ahead and keep it until I'm back from vacation on April 27th. I'm not going to take a car just out of the shop after major work on a several hour drive to meet up with my sister for our trip.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:47 AM

Glad to hear that you're doing fine and glad to know your SUV will get fixed. Hopefully you'll have a great vacation with your sister. :D
Old 04-13-2010, 12:01 PM

I'm sure it will be a fun vacation. We're going on a Ghost Hunters (the TV show) event in New Hampshire at the Mt. Washington Hotel. :D Get to meet all the people from the show, go on ghost hunts, seminars, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CB-zMMOL1g
Old 04-13-2010, 12:04 PM

How fun! I watch that show all the time! Have fun and don't be too scared! :)
Old 04-13-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I'm sure it will be a fun vacation. We're going on a Ghost Hunters (the TV show) event in New Hampshire at the Mt. Washington Hotel. :D Get to meet all the people from the show, go on ghost hunts, seminars, etc.

I'M SO JEALOUS!!! I wish I was going! I love ghost hunters, ghost adventures, ghost show in general! During the summer, my sister, mom, and brother in law like to go "ghost hunting" or at least visit the cemeteries in the area that have a history. It's something we can do that really only costs the amount in gas... and the occasional accidental lock in a cemetery. We were once locked in at Mount Carmel Cemetery, which is where Al Capone is buried... and a few of the Chicago Cardinals. Huge Catholic Cemetery that one is, a lot of Italians buried in there... the Monuments are gorgeous.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:27 PM

hang in there!!! it usually takes a day or two after the accident to really feel the pain. I was t-boned by a dump truck on the highway back in 2007. Went through a rough time with my injuries. They really surfaced about 24-48 hours after the impact.

(((((HUGS)))))
Old 04-13-2010, 01:29 PM

Location: From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL

I hear the Twilight Zone music in the background!!!!!
My silver 2007 Escape was rear ended March 26th!!

Luckily it was only my bumper and little of hatch and I was only without it for 3 days....

Don't you just love the Escape???!! I feel so safe in it, and the way it handles snow here in Illinois...I never worry when it snows!!

Be sure to rest, as I am sure you will find other areas that hurt!
Glad you are alright! Your fellow Escape owner, Cathay!
Old 04-13-2010, 02:54 PM

I'm getting excited to go! Just a week to go after waiting all this time after buying our tickets last summer.

Yep, I love my Escape. It's small enough that it drives really easy but big enough to haul wood and stuff for projects I do at home. Has a nice engine, best of it's type, with power when I need it. I feel safe in it.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam

omg! I'm so jealous! I live for Ghosthunters on Wed nights!