Had a car accident today

Old 04-02-2010, 11:11 AM

Pam - I'm so sorry you even NEED all the good advice you're getting here. I hope the doctor says 'False alarm, you're fine.' But I'm sure glad you're seeing the doc.
CA traffic scares me to death! We drive to SoCA from Tucson every Dec. I grew up in Long Beach and have a bunch of buddies to visit just before Christmas. I can't believe I learned to drive on those freeways! That was THEN! THEN was a LONG time ago! I'm always so relieved to get off the freeway and on to the side streets!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

Oh Pam, what a way to spend the day. I was hoping it was a April Fool's message but the pictures show otherwise. Unfortunately, the worst is probably yet to come because it may take your body a few days to relax and let the muscle aches settle in. Make sure you don't close the account with the insurance company without some follow-up check. Some issues with whip-lash take a bit to materialize.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:16 AM

Personally, I find freeways easier to cope with. Everyone's going about the same direction at about the same speed (give or take) and there's a lot less to worry about as far as intersections, etc.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:22 AM

must be the week for accidents. here's my son's car from Monday. After a life flight to the area trauma unit, a thorough going over, he walked out, with cuts and bruises. And he wanted to know if they could fix his car....

take care Pam- everyone's right- sometimes the shock masks the trauma.

Barb
Attached Thumbnails attachment-42523.jpe   attachment-42541.jpe   attachment-42542.jpe  
Old 04-02-2010, 11:24 AM

Oh, I'm so sorry you were in an accident but so thankful no one was hurt. The reason your back bumper doesn't look bad from the outside is probably cuz' of the rebound springs they install in case you have a minor fender bender, they're designed to pop the plastic back out, but obviously it did some serious damage, might have even bent the frame (totallying the vehicle). Just know that if insurance fixed it and it doesn't drive the same, take it back and continue to complain until they total it and just give you money to buy a new one. Otherwise, it could turn into a bigger headache with all the little things that go wrong, tires wearing funny, car handles strange, just little stuff most people wouldn't even associate with an accident that happened before a vehicle was repaired.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:24 AM

Oh, I'm so sorry you were in an accident but so thankful no one was hurt. The reason your back bumper doesn't look bad from the outside is probably cuz' of the rebound springs they install in case you have a minor fender bender, they're designed to pop the plastic back out, but obviously it did some serious damage, might have even bent the frame (totallying the vehicle). Just know that if insurance fixed it and it doesn't drive the same, take it back and continue to complain until they total it and just give you money to buy a new one. Otherwise, it could turn into a bigger headache with all the little things that go wrong, tires wearing funny, car handles strange, just little stuff most people wouldn't even associate with an accident that happened before a vehicle was repaired.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:45 PM

I'm glad you were not badly hurt.Good thing to have bigger truck!!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:45 PM

opps
Old 04-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

Take care of yourself Pam, and get checked out. Whip lash is a serious thing, and takes a long time to heal from.
Glad it wasn't any worse that it was.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:15 PM

Holy cow! I'm glad you've been to the Dr. Pam! Hope they found nothing worse than some bruises - and that is way bad enough. :(
Now all of you who've been in accidents this week: STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!!!

((((((((((((Hugs to you all!!!!))))))))))))