Had a car accident today

Old 04-02-2010, 03:14 PM

Pam, Im sorry to hear you were in an accident!
California drivers are some of the worst I have ever seen...especially in our area. I think it's because they are all commuters...Were you on 242 or 4?
Old 04-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

I am checking in to see what the doc had to say... (((HUGS)))
Old 04-02-2010, 03:49 PM

Pam, sorry to hear about your accident. I agree with everyone else.... Make sure you see your doctor, and don't be in a hurry to sign off on anything!

Hope this finds you feeling better... I look forward to getting to know you better. Take care. Sending healing prayers for you.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

So what did the doc say Pam???? You know we'll hold you to going. We can't do without our "healthy" Pam here!

Barb...my jaw dropped..I already told you your son was lucky..but wow...he was more than that!
Old 04-02-2010, 04:15 PM

Pam- did you get a report from the Dr? Everything OK?

I was talking to a friend who is a chiropractor- he said to visit one- for the bruises. They can do massage to help the muscles.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:23 PM

I do need to see a chiropractor. I called my doctor and the woman said that he doesn't do that type of appointment (when I said I was in an accident).

Just my shoulder hurts.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Yes, I'll go to the doctor today. I feel achy and stiff and my left shoulder hurts more. I don't see any bruising though and my head doesn't hurt.

I looked at the car again and the storage area is about turned inside out. I also talked to my son, who is a mechanic and used to work at Ford. He said that the uniframe type of car like mine might not look too bad but it can be totalled if it's too damaged to repair.
I was afraid there might be more damage than there appeared to be. Our son was hit while driving our Ford and the frame was bent and van totaled. Feell better soon. Hugs!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Power Poster

Your Doc doesn't do that kind of visit :shock: if you had went to the ER and needed to follow up with a doc, wouldn't he do that ? if you fell and hurt your shoulder wouldn't he check that out ? Sorry don't mean to come across the way I am , but that is crazy... who are you suppose to go see ?
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{gentle soft HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}} and hoping you can get into to see a doc, you really need to get that shoulder checked out
Old 04-02-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I do need to see a chiropractor. I called my doctor and the woman said that he doesn't do that type of appointment (when I said I was in an accident).

Just my shoulder hurts.
I would get a new doctor. Don't go to a chiropractor, when I was in my accident I lucked out and the top neurosurgeon in the state was on call. He told me chiropractors are quacks....lol
Go see a neurosurgeon or an orthopedic doctor.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:48 PM

I actually don't want to see a chiropractor either. I'm ok, just sore.

I've had the same doctor for too many years to remember. He's really great, caring and easy to talk to. I don't know what he would do either. Yeah... my shoulder hurts which isn't surprising if it was slammed against the seat belt.