Had a car accident today

Old 04-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Power Poster

After being rear ended twice, my mom ended up on disability. Please go see your doctor if that headache comes back or anything keeps bothering you.
Glad you made it to the board and told us, dearheart.
What a close call! The other car looks totaled :shock:
You don't have toyota brakes, for sure :thumbup:
Old 04-08-2010, 07:19 PM

I had a minor car accident a couple of years ago; I was rear ended while I was at a red light. I felt pretty good until a few days later when the back and neck pain started. Be sure to not sign any releases or waivers until you are sure you're going to be ok. The other guy's insurance co. contacted me right away and offered me money because I said I wasn't injured. I told them I'd wait and see. The amount got larger. Anyhow, I got x-rays and saw a chiropractor and when i realized nothing was going to come of my injuries I signed a release months later. Anyhow, be cautious and take care of yourself.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

You are much nicer than I would be :twisted: They are giving you the run around and I would not accept it . This is crazy

Original Equipment Manufacturer. Not necessarily made by the company that makes the car, but the same company the car maker got the original parts from. Most parts for cars are made by other companies, who also sell the same part as after-market. That's anybody other than the dealership. There are also some brands that are better than O.E.M., but the car companies want the cheapest part they can get that's fairly reliable.

This is the definition of OEM.. no where does it say used ! DO NOT settle for this, and even if they use OEM or original parts the value of the truck has diminished and you should be compensated for that also. Good for you , for mentioning this :thumbup: Tell them to shape up or you are getting an attorney involved, who will send you in for a total physical and goodness knows what they will find :wink:

So sorry you are having such a time of it . but other than your blood pressure going up from all this nonsense , how are you doing ?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:22 PM

I love my SUV. The brakes are great, whatever kind they call them that I can't think of at the moment. I can slam on my brakes and they don't lock up and it stops with full control.

I drive that stretch of freeway every single day to work but twice more this week, at the exact same place, the same thing almost happened. There is a little rise to go over, just enough to not be able to see the road ahead at all. On Tuesday the van in front of me (which I couldn't see around anyway in the little rental car), slammed on it's brakes and smoked them. I was far enough behind that it wasn't a problem stopping. Today, at that same place, the car in the lane next to me had to slam their brakes on to avoid the car in front of them.

My shoulder is still sore when I raise my arm straight out like reaching for something.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Google Goddess

Pam,

Please go to Dr.!

Craftybear

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I love my SUV. The brakes are great, whatever kind they call them that I can't think of at the moment. I can slam on my brakes and they don't lock up and it stops with full control.

I drive that stretch of freeway every single day to work but twice more this week, at the exact same place, the same thing almost happened. There is a little rise to go over, just enough to not be able to see the road ahead at all. On Tuesday the van in front of me (which I couldn't see around anyway in the little rental car), slammed on it's brakes and smoked them. I was far enough behind that it wasn't a problem stopping. Today, at that same place, the car in the lane next to me had to slam their brakes on to avoid the car in front of them.

My shoulder is still sore when I raise my arm straight out like reaching for something.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:54 PM

Those are ABS brakes.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:44 PM

that's right... Anti-lock Brake System
Old 04-08-2010, 09:46 PM

It sounds like he is taking advantage of you... find someone else pronto.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:51 PM

Pam - I have spent 4 months in physical therapy for a frozen shoulder that started out feeling just like you are describing yours. I 'babied' it, because I was afraid I would hurt it more. It gradually got worse, and in 3 1/2 months it was frozen. Initially, I hurt it in a fall - and at the time my knees and elbows hurt more than my shoulder. I made the mistake of NOT seeing a doctor. My shoulder was hurt enough that scar tissue formed around the rotator cuff, and that's what caused the frozen shoulder. I hope I've scared you enough to see a doctor!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:18 AM

Glad to hear that your OK!! I would still recommend that you visit a doctor and get checked out though. I got rear-ended years ago and the next day I couldn't literally pick-up my head. Severe whiplash!! Then found out my back was so screwed-up that the doc's wouldn't allow me to get pregnant until it was fixed. To this day I still have issues with my back on and off.