Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • HAPPY BDAY TO ALL DECEMBER PEOPLE >
  • HAPPY BDAY TO ALL DECEMBER PEOPLE

• HAPPY BDAY TO ALL DECEMBER PEOPLE

Old 12-14-2009, 12:19 PM

My birthday is the 15th...Happy Birthday lneal! We share a birthday!

When I was young I'd complain loud and long about having a birthday on the 15th so close to Christmas. I WOULD never do that to a child.

My son will be 27 on the 18th of December. Oh dear!

I found that there was never a problem getting kids to come to my son's birthday parties through the years. The problem was getting the parents to come and get them after the party was over. I think they all really enjoyed having an evening to themselves that close to Christmas!
    Old 12-14-2009, 12:36 PM

Mine is Dec. 19. I don't recall that having my birthday close to Christmas was too bad when I was a kid. One exception was that sometimes I'd get a combo present (birthday-Christmas)--one instead of two like my siblings got. It's fine now as DH understands that each is a discrete celebration, not to be combined unless I request that. Which I seldom do. :)
    Old 12-14-2009, 02:07 PM

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Mine is the day after Christmas and I was lucky enough to share it with my sister who is exactly four years younger (I always said that was the best birthday present ever!) I never thought it as a bad day to have a birthday. But I am older now and tend to shoot my wad getting ready for Christmas. But every year the kids and DH think I should want a big dinner out and friends over on my special day. All I want by the time the 26th rolls around is to do absolutely nothing because I'm too pooped to party!
    Old 12-14-2009, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
    My birthday is the 15th...Happy Birthday lneal! We share a birthday!

When I was young I'd complain loud and long about having a birthday on the 15th so close to Christmas. I WOULD never do that to a child.

My son will be 27 on the 18th of December. Oh dear!

I found that there was never a problem getting kids to come to my son's birthday parties through the years. The problem was getting the parents to come and get them after the party was over. I think they all really enjoyed having an evening to themselves that close to Christmas!
    Your son is almost exactly a year younger than me... minus 5 days, lol!
    Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by heidikins
    Thank you for the birthday wishes! Mine is the day after Christmas and I was lucky enough to share it with my sister who is exactly four years younger (I always said that was the best birthday present ever!) I never thought it as a bad day to have a birthday. But I am older now and tend to shoot my wad getting ready for Christmas. But every year the kids and DH think I should want a big dinner out and friends over on my special day. All I want by the time the 26th rolls around is to do absolutely nothing because I'm too pooped to party!
    ME TOO!!!! Yeah the 26th!!
    Old 12-15-2009, 05:18 AM

Thanx Bev!!

My DD#2 is on Christmas Day and I am the day after on the 26th! The year I had her I said my b-day present was surgery :shock: got my tubes tied ;)

This year I will be the BIG 30! Don't feel like it though.

I used to get the 2 for 1 presents when I was little so I always make sure she has seperate and wrapped in x-mas and b-day wrapping paper!
    Old 12-15-2009, 05:42 AM
    Banned

my sons bday is fourth of july,. just as bad. when he was little, it was hard to get through his thick head that the fireworks weren't just for him
    Old 12-15-2009, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
    my sons bday is fourth of july,. just as bad. when he was little, it was hard to get through his thick head that the fireworks weren't just for him
    HAHAHAHAHA!! My MIL's B-day is the fourth also! she always thinks that the BBQ is special just for her :shock:
    Old 12-15-2009, 06:20 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by STAR
    Originally Posted by Bevanger
    HAHAHAHAHA!! My MIL's B-day is the fourth also! she always thinks that the BBQ is special just for her :shock:
    lol been there