Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Has Anyone Been as Lamebrained as Me? >
  • Has Anyone Been as Lamebrained as Me?

• Has Anyone Been as Lamebrained as Me?

Old 12-07-2017, 06:41 PM
    mac

I can't even begin to tell you all of my stupid days. How about putting and wearing your underwear on backwards, but you don't discover this until you go to the bathroom at work. Or the time I was dressing in a hurry and put my pants on backwards, could not figure out why they felt so strange until I put my hands in my pockets and realized that they were facing backwards. Fortunately, I didn't get out of the house before I discovered that one. Or, how about the time that I wore two different colored shoes to work or two different colored socks. I am going to have to stop dressing in the dark. And this is only for dressing issues. You just have to laugh at yourself.

I am not even going to begin to tell you about my quilting blunders, but some of them have been real doozies.
    Old 12-07-2017, 07:55 PM

My latest dressing in the dark error is putting tops on wrong side out. If the seams are well finished, the color doesn't change and there's no tag, I can actually see how it happens. Bad when someone else discovers it and points it out!
    Old 12-08-2017, 08:55 AM

Or not doing anything...
    Old 12-08-2017, 01:36 PM
    Power Poster

I had to take straight line quilting out of small quilt less than a month ago. Instead of stopping when I started messing up I just kept going. Got it all quilted, decided I could not live with it even though I was going to donate it. Spent a day and half unquilting it and did what I am pretty good at, FMQ. It turned out perfectly. Bound,washed, dried and it was ready to go. I have straight lined quilted before I think trying to get it good I must pulled it too taunt.

My Daughter likes to say I have to keep hitting my head against the wall before I give up. You certainly are not a goofus.