Has Anyone taken Alli?

Old 07-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

I am always a little leary of products like that. Usually the traditional diet of watching what you eat seems better and safer.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:02 PM

Orignal poster here. I have lost 80lbs the good old fashion way. It has taken me a couple of years now. I have cut out almost all fats. I have my last 10 lbs to lose and I have been working hard to lose it by Aug 1st, when we go to Vegas.

The day I originally posted my Friend bought me Alli (she thought I had made my mind up to use it) so now that I had it I tried it. Well, I have had no reaction at all. Nothing. I have not had any effects, but also, no more weight loss. I didn't think I would lose all of it using this pill. Maybe I still will lose 1 or 2 lbs or maybe I am just stuck on this platue.

I am sure I have not had the nasty effects because I don't eat much fat.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:12 PM

Something I learned from Weight Watchers about plateaus -- your body gets used to eating the same old food and your weight loss can stall. If you find yourself eating the same foods change things up and vary the types of food you eat. And pay attention to your portion size. Good luck -- you can do it!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:37 AM

Need input here too. I need 10 pounds for sure gone, would like to see 20. Hitting the big 50 next year; womanly changes occurring too. Isn't that suppose to make things harder to lose weight?

My big thing is I am not moving enough. I sit at a desk all day, ride 2 hours in a van commuting to and from work and the last thing I want to do when I get home is WALK. Do they do mind set reorganization now a days?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:01 AM
Banned

there's no magic solution, you have to exercise and when hitting the 50s its more important then ever to help minimize bone loss.

you should lift weights 3 days a week. you could do circuit training that way you can combine cardio and weights in the same workout.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:26 PM
Banned

LOL

lucky for me, my home gym is in the room right next to my sewing room.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I am always a little leary of products like that. Usually the traditional diet of watching what you eat seems better and safer.
hear hear littlehud! I have lost 20 lbs recently by reducing my portion sizes and reducing the amount of carbs I eat. I still have 'treat day' each week where I have pizza, or big bowl of pasta or whatever I fancy, which stops me wanting to pig out mid-week. Have just started cycling and swimming too, so the lbs keep dropping off, slowly but surely.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

I tried Alli before it was Alli! My Dr. gave me a prescription for it when before it was OTC. I worked great for me. I lost 16 lbs in three months but then it seemed to stop working for me. My Dr. seemed to think since I cut out most fats I had nothing for the pill to work on. Since I had the jump start of losing weight I put the good fats back in my diet and started exercising a lot more. I HATE exercising and only do it to get it over with. :D :D :D