Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • It has been 7 years since we put Frazer down. >
  • It has been 7 years since we put Frazer down.

• It has been 7 years since we put Frazer down.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:31 AM

We rescued a boxer from a very violent neighbor. He was around a year old. He would shake if anyone raised their voice and would tinkle. What genital giant. I was scared because I had 4 children in their teens and he looked so mean. His bottom teeth jutted out from his bottom jaw and made him look scary. What a big baby he was. When the kids piled on top of us in bed one more jumped on top. It was Frazer. He was one of the kids. When we went to Lake Erie we never knew there where dogs that couldn't swim. Well we had a boxer that couldn't swim. So we bought water wings for dogs. Frazer was with us again in the lake swimming like one of the kids. He was so wonderful ! He had kidney problems at 14 years old and had to be put down. I know he is in heaven because it wouldn't be heaven without this sweet heart of a dog named Frazer.
    Old 05-14-2011, 10:34 AM
    Power Poster

What a great dog! And those are great memories! They really do become one of the family......
    Old 05-14-2011, 10:35 AM

So glad we have our memories of these wonderful pets that are the best family ever. So understanding and forgiving. Frazer knew how lucky he was that you rescued him. Thank-you for doing that.
    Old 05-14-2011, 10:35 AM

He definitely was a member of your family. I put my heartdog down almost six years ago and I still miss her. She was only 5 1/2. All we both can do is remember the good times and continue to rescue dogs who need us and we turn out needing. I currently have two furry sweethearts.
    Old 05-14-2011, 10:40 AM
    Google Goddess

Hugs to you, We had to put our shih tzu dog, Felix, down on April 9, 2011 as he had bladder stones, we tried surgery but still had to put him down as they couldn't get all of them, he was almost 8 years old

I still cry every day and miss him so much (I am crying now, he was my baby and just have to remember the good times and memories with him)

I got another dog on April 11, female shih tzu 5 years old, Sophie as we rescued her from an animal shelter

Hugs to you, it is hard, as we never was lucky to have children so my dog is my baby

Originally Posted by skothing
    We rescued a boxer from a very violent neighbor. He was around a year old. He would shake if anyone raised their voice and would tinkle. What genital giant. I was scared because I had 4 children in their teens and he looked so mean. His bottom teeth jutted out from his bottom jaw and made him look scary. What a big baby he was. When the kids piled on top of us in bed one more jumped on top. It was Frazer. He was one of the kids. When we went to Lake Erie we never knew there where dogs that couldn't swim. Well we had a boxer that couldn't swim. So we bought water wings for dogs. Frazer was with us again in the lake swimming like one of the kids. He was so wonderful ! He had kidney problems at 14 years old and had to be put down. I know he is in heaven because it wouldn't be heaven without this sweet heart of a dog named Frazer.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-196905.gif  
    Old 05-14-2011, 10:41 AM

Thank you for the kind words. I still cry thinking of him. I love Boxers . Well to be truthful I love most animals and dogs especially.
    Old 05-14-2011, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by skothing
    O" this just makes me cry. It makes me think of my little Molly.
    Old 05-14-2011, 10:46 AM

Love those Boxers. Have two of my own. And they are just like having another kid.