Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Have any good family laughs for Christmas? >
  • Have any good family laughs for Christmas?

• Have any good family laughs for Christmas?

Old 12-27-2010, 10:24 AM

Well , it never fails .You guys crack me up. Kids and pets are great.
    Old 12-27-2010, 10:38 AM

Great Stories! They made my laugh. My avatar, Chloe, kept jumping into my DSIL's lap on Christmas day and settling down for a quick nap. I keep telling her she is a Cat person, but she does no believe me.

My funny thing this Christmas: I told everyone all I wanted was a digital camera, nothing too fancy, because I did not have one. I keep using my Dad's to take to quilt shows, to take pictures to post on this site, etc. He kept telling my all this year: "You need to get your own camera!" I don't know why, I wasn't breaking his. Anyway, I did get a nice camera for Christmas. Now I have to learn how to use it! And I also have to make some quilts to take pictures of!
    Old 12-27-2010, 05:19 PM

On Christmas Eve we were at our daughter's house. She and her husband had just got a new Wii and our great granddaughter (3) was showing us how she could play tennis. I looked at the controllers and there was one red and one black. I asked "why do you have a red and a black controller?" My son-in-law (all serious) said "Because they are two different colors." Every body (but him) laughed and laughed. We were still laughing the next day!!!
    Old 12-27-2010, 06:22 PM

When my DH unwrapped one of his presents I said " don't get excited it isn't much," and when he opened the box it was empty. I was wrapping and had his present in a box and decided I didn't like the box it was in and got another box, but forgot to transfer the present. We got a big laugh and he isn't about to let me forget it.
    Old 12-27-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by ggoens
    Great stories! Kids as so funny! My youngest granddaughter (age 4) was a little upset with her Mom the other day. She stands nose to nose with her and puts her little hands on each side of her Moms face and with more than a little attitude; says to her " You go to your room and think about what you won't let me do!"
    That is so adorable and original out of a 4 yr old!
    Old 12-27-2010, 06:55 PM

We had dinner at my sisters and she had the table all set with real china Christmas plates and silverware on a beautiful Christmasy red linen tablecloth. When we were all about finished eating she handed someone a Sharpie marker and said to sign the tablecloth, put the date, and pass it on. When it got to my dad who is 88 years old, he signed it "Paw ate here 2010." I'm glad he still has his sense of humor.
    Old 12-27-2010, 08:16 PM

My husband has CP and is in a wheelchair, but every Christmas he dresses up as Santa (that's him in my avatar) for pictures with his great-nephews, ages 1 1/2 and 3. This year GN age 3 was watching a program about Santa living at the North Pole, and he turned to his grandmother and said,"My Santa lives in Beaumont, Texas!" DH must use the city special transport bus for travel. On Christmas Eve, the same GN was told by his mom that they should put out food for Santas reindeer. His response: "Santa doesn't have reindeer. He rides a bus.
    Of course, DH is tickled pink and telling everyone he knows about it.
    Old 12-27-2010, 08:29 PM

I had a plate in one hand and a glass in the other, was going to sit down for Christmas dinner. I only had on my favorite pair of wool socks on my feet. My sock caught on the heat register cover, so I sort of got off balance and the metal thing was flung across the room. My SIL's dog was following me and fell into the heat vent. Luckily no one was hurt and I did not spill a drop! There was pandemonium for a few minutes, though. :D :D :D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
    Old 12-27-2010, 08:33 PM

Thanks for the great stories everyone! Happy New Year!!!
    Old 12-27-2010, 09:06 PM

My DD was reading the quilt label on the quilt my DGS had made for her. I had let them type what they wanted to say on it.
    the 6 yo said" that's my wroting there" My DH got me a new sewing machine for Christmas and i was crying and saying"I can't believe you did this" my DGS who's 8 said" did Grandpa do something wrong?