Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • have you checked your bank account latley? >
  • have you checked your bank account latley?

• have you checked your bank account latley?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:49 AM

I just switched the bank account associated with Paypal, to one that I don't keep any money in. I have heard too many horror stories. I will still use Paypal, but if something goes wrong, there is only so much money they can get.

And to everyone who is wondering, "How did they get my CC number?" -- they don't need to - they can make up numbers until they hit on one that works. And that one might be your number. The wonders of our modern age.
    Old 04-15-2013, 12:48 PM

I have a seperate account for any online ordering. I only keep about $50 in that account and transfer $ in if I am going to place an order. If anyone gets that # they won't get much. I also check all my accounts on a regular basis.
    Old 04-15-2013, 02:08 PM

My credit card company is very protective of my account. They either email or call me on any activity that appears to be unusual on my account to check to see if it's true.
    Old 04-15-2013, 02:08 PM

My Master Card/Debit Card was compromised a month or so ago....I'm very leary now of ordering anything on line, because IT WAS MY CARD
    Old 04-15-2013, 03:30 PM

Buy a prepaid credit card to use online. You can purchase them in just about any amount.
    Old 04-15-2013, 03:45 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I had to cancel my debit card because 'Lifelock', who I didn't have an account with, took money out of my account without my authority. I was shocked and called them and told them what they had done and they were speechless. They apologized and put the money back within 72 hours but I had to cancel my card because it had become compromised. I am rethinking doing any business online. You can't trust any company!
    Old 04-15-2013, 04:54 PM

When we were south this winter we had these charges some through for ITunes. There was 6 debits for the same amount. I phoned our credit union and they had me phone ITunes. So this was like late on a Wednesday. There was no way to phone them so I sent them an email. Well by the next morning the debits had all been refunded. So I think ITunes must of been compromised. We didn't have any other problems thank goodness!
    Old 04-15-2013, 07:39 PM

I check my bank account daily, and pay off my credit cards monthly. I keep my (two) credit card(s) purchase receipts for the month in an envelope and check them against the statement. I refuse new cards that companies (in the Mall) try to give you for a small, one-time savings on a purchase, and nothing comes out of my bank account automatically. I figured out 'less is better' as far as credit cards go....if a merchant doesn't take one of my two cards, they don't get my business. My shredder gets a workout from the credit card offers and anything else that comes in the mail with my name and address on it, that I didn't ask for. I know I'm not home free and something could still pop up, but I'm cutting the odds where I can.
    Old 04-15-2013, 09:20 PM

Yeah I just checked mine.....It's $3400 light..........damm state taxes.....LOL

Good news is Uncle Sam owes US money.......lol
    Old 04-16-2013, 04:49 AM

Only yesterday we had a call from someone asking my partner to give them our full key card number, they gave us the first 4 which I believe are Australian identification. They said they were from an Aust. Govt. Dept. that is contacting all bank users who are supposed to get refunds from the banks for fee overcharges. He did not give the info and passed the phone to me, she said she wanted to talk to my partner as he was the account holder and I said well you can talk to me as it is a joint account. I told her to ring me back in an hour after I had talked to my bank. Guess what - no phone call. SCAMMER