Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Have you ever done anything completely shocking >
  • Have you ever done anything completely shocking

• Have you ever done anything completely shocking

Old 01-14-2011, 08:07 AM

One night, my brother, sister and her new husband and I went to a restaurant for dinner. As we were leaving, my sister and hubby ahead of us, and quite a few people in the parking lot, my brother shouted "go ahead and leave with him but I want a divorce!" I immediately doubled over laughing because my brother and I have the same zany sense of humor. my brother-in-law looked like a deer caught in headlights and everyone had stopped to look to see if a fight was about to happen! That was BIL's first real taste of what our family is like! Fortunately he must have liked it because it has been 35 years and he is still around!
    Old 01-14-2011, 08:10 AM

Let's see........

Got arrested for possession

Called a girl in Driver's ed a hooker

Most shocked and yet totally surprising thing to happen to me.....

We had a 1000.00 in savings (all we had), one of my kids was in trouble. My husband hands me the money and says let's go. Thankfully we didn't need to.
    Old 01-14-2011, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
    One night, my brother, sister and her new husband and I went to a restaurant for dinner. As we were leaving, my sister and hubby ahead of us, and quite a few people in the parking lot, my brother shouted "go ahead and leave with him but I want a divorce!" I immediately doubled over laughing because my brother and I have the same zany sense of humor. my brother-in-law looked like a deer caught in headlights and everyone had stopped to look to see if a fight was about to happen! That was BIL's first real taste of what our family is like! Fortunately he must have liked it because it has been 35 years and he is still around!
    Wicked and I like it!
    Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 AM

after seeing "Take the Lead" my dh and I waltzed out the theater to the parking lot.
    Old 01-14-2011, 10:12 AM

Oh Yes Hosta, frequently, still do sometimes and my daughters disown me.. they are far more grown up!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 01-14-2011, 10:32 AM

Well the zaniest thing I ever did .. it was a few years ago ... in the early 80`s when the Elvis stamps were just coming out ... I was standing in a line up at the post office that went on and on out the door ... sooo.... I yelled Oh my God...and pointed out the door ...There`s Elvis!!! You would not believe how many people ran out and looked !!!
    Old 01-15-2011, 04:59 AM

Can't say it happened to me, but I have one line that will put the fear in grown Grandaughter when needed.Ever since she was small, getting too tired causes her to act out I don't want to say "shut up"...but asking if she wants me to sing, gets a "No way,Grma!!!"....then a little grin & all is well.
    Doesn't say much for my singing does it...:-) Besides, she knows I have & will....Only takes a couple words.
    Old 01-15-2011, 05:34 AM

Well somethings I will not repeat. Got a little crazy after my divorce back in 90
    Only thing I will say is my Dd and I almost got caught caught going up the back stairs at the Hilton in Atlanta trying to find Motley Crue.lol
    And my daughter and I were asked to leave Toys R Us because we set all the See and Say's off at one time.
    Old 01-15-2011, 05:47 AM

One evening after a women's pool tournamet at a local tavern, some rock'n'roll music came on, on the juke box. My husband grabbed my hand and we started to boogie! In and out and around the pool players, out through the swinging doors and into the restaurant where people were dining, and back thru the swinging doors into the tavern area, dancing together all the while. People were laughing and clapping at hubby's antics! (Mine too, come to think of it.)
    Old 01-15-2011, 08:06 AM

At Christmastime, my DH and I had just passed through security at the airport -- he has an artificial knee, so he always sets off the alarms and has to be "patted down". I was there waiting for him with all our bags, looked down at his feet (shoes off, remember) and said, rather loudly, "Oh, my God, you have on socks with holes in them. I'm so embarrassed!"
    He said, "Well, no one noticed until you shouted out the news." Sure enough, I looked up and everyone in that area was looking at his feet!