Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Have you ever lost your best friend? >
  • Have you ever lost your best friend?

• Have you ever lost your best friend?

Old 06-28-2010, 02:14 AM

Bev,
    My prayers and hugs are with you . I to know what it is like to loose a good friend. She knew if she stopped to talk to me at work I would figure it out. I was hurt that she didn't stop to talk. She had it all planned out. Suicide on Saturday, find her on Sunday and funeral on Wednesday. My day off so that I could go. She had left a note stating all this. Her parents did not find her until later that week. Funeral was on Saturday one week later so I could go. It really hit me at the funeral home during calling and then at the grave site when I was alone with her. We had started out disliking each other, our own insecurities.....but were both determined to make this work for the other sake of the employees. We did and from that point on were the best of friends. I miss her all the time.
    Old 06-28-2010, 03:40 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by earthwalker
    Sorry for your loss Bev. We are grieving ourselves at the moment, my husband's beautiful Mama died a couple of days ago....love, light and peace from the land of Aus.x
    Oh sweetie, I am so very sorry. HUGS!!!!!!
    Old 06-28-2010, 03:47 AM
    Banned

Mary was 63. My mom passed away 3 yrs ago. She was my everything. Mom, dad, sister, best friend. A few months later Mary & her hubby moved next door. Our hubbies grew up together in same town here,and she said she met me/calmed me years ago at Harborview Hospital (Seattle) during my brain tumor sergeries. We met while I was waiting my turn for catscan. I don't remember cuz I was so out of it, and scared to death. She was there for her crones Desease. Anyways we became fast friends. When her dog had pups, she gave me one for my bday (Teddy...White Pomeranian) She kinda took me under her wing and became mom, friend , sister. So its hard with her gone now. I feel lost. Thanks for listening.
    Old 06-28-2010, 01:48 PM

I'm so sorry Bev. {{{HUGS}}}
    Old 06-28-2010, 05:58 PM

I lost my best friend - twice... she was my maid of honor. When we'd been married two years, she decided to leave her husband and two year old child and move on with another man... she just left and never said anything to me for about five years... then we (my husband and I) began going to the same church that she and her second husband attended... we picked up like old times. We became very close again - prayed together, had great times - she knows everything about me - (well almost) and then I lost her again - when she decided to leave her second husband for yet another man... recently she came back into my life - I'll be a bit more cautious this time...
    Old 06-28-2010, 06:16 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

I'm so sorry, Bevanger.

I lost my best friend in 6th grade. She died on the 4th of July, from an inoperable brain tumor that nobody even knew she had until sometime in June.

I think we're more resilient when we're young. Or, maybe when we're kids, there is so much that we are not in charge of, that we're just better at accepting things.

Seems I read somewhere that when we're older, every funeral is somehow cumulative, in that we mourn the loss of that person and also everyone else that we've lost along the way.

I have no answers for you, only compassion. It's just plain hard. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Old 06-29-2010, 03:58 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
    I lost my best friend - twice... she was my maid of honor. When we'd been married two years, she decided to leave her husband and two year old child and move on with another man... she just left and never said anything to me for about five years... then we (my husband and I) began going to the same church that she and her second husband attended... we picked up like old times. We became very close again - prayed together, had great times - she knows everything about me - (well almost) and then I lost her again - when she decided to leave her second husband for yet another man... recently she came back into my life - I'll be a bit more cautious this time...
    oh my. sorry to hear that. i lost mine to death. i wish she could come back
    Old 06-29-2010, 03:59 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    I'm so sorry, Bevanger.

I lost my best friend in 6th grade. She died on the 4th of July, from an inoperable brain tumor that nobody even knew she had until sometime in June.

I think we're more resilient when we're young. Or, maybe when we're kids, there is so much that we are not in charge of, that we're just better at accepting things.

Seems I read somewhere that when we're older, every funeral is somehow cumulative, in that we mourn the loss of that person and also everyone else that we've lost along the way.

I have no answers for you, only compassion. It's just plain hard. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    thanks hun.
    Old 06-29-2010, 04:01 AM
    Banned

Thanks everyone. After all your posts, I do feel a tad better. Your all the best. Thanks for being there for me
    Old 06-29-2010, 05:29 AM
    Power Poster

Thanks for your kind words Bev. That is the great thing about this board...we are sisters in quilting and in life...love light and peace sweet lady x