Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Have you ever lost your best friend? >
  • Have you ever lost your best friend?

• Have you ever lost your best friend?

Old 06-29-2010, 05:44 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by earthwalker
    Thanks for your kind words Bev. That is the great thing about this board...we are sisters in quilting and in life...love light and peace sweet lady x
    your such a sweetheart.

:D
    Old 06-29-2010, 03:51 PM

Yes, I have. I lost my very best friend of 35 years to inoperable lung cancer (she never smoked) 1 1/2 years ago. She died only 3 months after diagnosis, and I kept telling myself that her treatments and meds would work and just couldn't believe that she might not survive. I tried to be upbeat for her and for me, too. Her loss was so very hard and it still hurts. I will love her forever and miss her always. Although I had only one best friend, she had many "best" friends. She was a very special person, but I guess God needed her more in heaven than we needed her here.

So I know how you feel and what you are going through. If it helps to cry, cry. It will help to talk about your feelings, so talk - people will listen and understand.
    You will never forget, but it will get easier.

I send you a big hug, sympathy, empathy and my prayers.
    Old 06-29-2010, 04:01 PM

Yes, I have lost friends also and it is so painful. May God hold you close and ease your pain. Prayers are coming your way, Bev.
    Old 06-29-2010, 04:02 PM

Bev, I am so sorry to hear this. You are such a good friend to us on the board- always ready with a kind comment. I will pray for you as you grieve.
    Old 07-02-2010, 09:08 PM

I am so sorry for your loss, I know exactly what you are going through.I lost my best friend 5 years ago to breast cancer and it was one of the hardest things I ever went through. She was 50 years old and was past the 5 or 7 year. whichever it is, mark. Cancer is such a horrible desease. I found out 2 weeks ago that my dad has lung cancer and they can't operate and he can't take chemo or radiation, so we have no idea what stage it is in, but the doctor told us he was sure it had already spread because the tumor has wrapped around the bronchial tube. He said once you can see the tumor on x-ray that it usually has spread. He is already coughing up blood and getting so weak. My mother, brother, the doctor and myself chose not to tell dad since there is nothing they can do, the doctor told him he has pneumonia, which he does, and that it will go away but will come back. It is very stressful for all of us.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:33 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by squilter
    I am so sorry for your loss, I know exactly what you are going through.I lost my best friend 5 years ago to breast cancer and it was one of the hardest things I ever went through. She was 50 years old and was past the 5 or 7 year. whichever it is, mark. Cancer is such a horrible desease. I found out 2 weeks ago that my dad has lung cancer and they can't operate and he can't take chemo or radiation, so we have no idea what stage it is in, but the doctor told us he was sure it had already spread because the tumor has wrapped around the bronchial tube. He said once you can see the tumor on x-ray that it usually has spread. He is already coughing up blood and getting so weak. My mother, brother, the doctor and myself chose not to tell dad since there is nothing they can do, the doctor told him he has pneumonia, which he does, and that it will go away but will come back. It is very stressful for all of us.

Oh honey. My heart goes out to you. I lost my dad 15 yrs ago to lung cancer. I know what your going thru. BIG HUG!
    Old 07-03-2010, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by squilter

That's what happened to my friend, too. She only had a slight cough (no blood) at the beginning when they first diagnosed her with pneumonia, but then the cough went away and never came back. She did get short of breath, though. The second set of Xrays showed the tumor wrapping around the bronchial tube where it connects to the lung. She did have chemo and radiation but it didn't do much but give her a little hope. The cancer spread anyhow. Fortunately the drs. treated her to the end, and never told her there was nothing more they could do.

I think it is kinder not to tell him. I will pray for him and your family to find strenth and peace. Blessings to you all.